“Well deserved Michellin star”
Review of Red Lion Freehouse

Red Lion Freehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Lion Freehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fantastic Prix Fixe lunch deal, running Monday to Friday for lunch. £18 for 2 courses, £24 for 3. On offer for Dinner Monday to Thursday from September 2016. Village pub. I michelin star. GFG 6. 3 AA rosette. 5 Beautiful ensuite rooms on the banks of the river Avon. Just 15mins from Stonehenge.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

As the Red Lion is pretty local to us we like to go there for special occasions, wedding anniversaries, my wife's recent (well deserved) promotion etc. At the last visit we shared a massive, beautifully cooked rib of beef, ecstacy! The ambience is just right, the staff friendly without being obtrusive and the menu always interesting. We've booked to return on New Years Eve with some friends for what sounds like a delicious multi-course Tasting Menu. They won a Michellin star this year and I can't think of anyone who deserved it more. Well done.

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Lucky enough to have another 2 visits in October at this wonderful resturant and as usual the food was outstanding.
Service at the bar is exceptional and we were made to feel incredibly welcome.
On the second visit even though the resturant was full staff set us up on the sofa and chairs outside and made us very comfortable. Chateaubriand was cooked to perfection on visit one and on second visit risotto was off the scale. Without doubt my favourite resturant in Wiltshire.

11  Thank Greg C
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was a night of the full moon. I was surprised to find such a great restaurant down a very dark lane. It had a lovely warm and welcoming feel. My partner enjoyed his meal and was delighted to find such good service and pleasant surrounds in an out of the way place. I enjoyed the evening, except I feel I made the wrong choice for mains. I had beetroot risotto, which I felt would have been better as a starter. Maybe my senses are not quite ready for a complete red meal.

The service was excellent and plenty to choose from in the food and drinks department.

1  Thank philomenap
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Managed to get a table relatively late in the day but had a birthday to celebrate! As usual we received a very warm welcome, we were seated and served within minutes. The food was exceptional with a good choice we had starters and main I couldn't manage pudding... Next time maybe!
The day after our visit we learned that The Red Lion had earned its first Michelin star well deserved congrats to all involved

1  Thank RichardW65
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Is this a pub or a restaurant? It is very expensive for a pub, but reasonable for a Michelin restaurant. All I can say is that the beef sandwich, on home made bread, was full of half a cow, excellently cooked. The young lady who served us, was delightful and about to transfer from front of house to be trained by the chef as a pastry chef.If she shows the same level of interest as she did with us, she will do very well. We wish her well.

Richard and Ruth