“Superb food and service”

Restaurante Navarro
Ranked #8 of 3,525 Restaurants in Valencia
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Closed for holidays from 7th August to 31th August. Open 1th September 2016.
“Superb food and service”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The most delicious meal we had in Valencia. Beautiful dishes, fresh food. My entrecôte was perfectly cooked. Top of all the service was super friendly.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank DannyPee17

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Verdi, Nevada
“Fantastic Find”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went to Navarro on the recommendation of the hotel staff, and we were not disapointed. We stayed near the train station and it was just a short walk. The restaurant is run by a trio of sisters and other family members, we found it very welcoming and cosy. The staff is great and bend over backwards to accomodate. The paella is second to none, very tasty. We had both the traditional "Paella valenciana" (chicken, rabbit, legumes, but no snails) and wiped the paella pan clean, The Sangria is heavenly and refreshing, best I have ever had and well presented. For Starters, the "Calamar a la plancha" is fantastic. We were so impressed we went back a second time and tried the Fideua (a seafood paella done with noodles instead of rice), it was equally tasty. For desert the Helado de turron (Almond nougat and carmalized sauce with ice cream) was another winner, but the best and not to be missed was the "Sorbete de limon"(lemon sorbet). Don't miss this experience!

• Visited January 2013
ann arbor, MI
“delicious in city center”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was in Valencia for a conference, staying near to the train station. I went twice to this restaurant (once for lunch with my wife and once for a small business lunch). The first time, we walked up and asked for a table on the patio and were fortunate to get the last one while for the second visit I made reservations for a table on the interior near the window. On both occasions there was a person that could speak very good english, although our waitress and some of the rest of the staff could not. Fortunately, they were very accepting of my spanish and so on the second day when the one english speaking waitress was very busy outside, we had no problem ordering or obtaining explanations of the menu. As throughout Valencia, the paella was very good. They had both the more famous seafood paella and the more traditional meat paella with snails. I tried both on different occasions and enjoyed them thoroughly. The appetizers were also excellent and there was an adequate wine menu to wash things down. This was one of the two best restaurants we found during our week stay in Valencia and it performed both for a nice lunch with the Mrs. and for a small business group. I think it was only open for lunch though, which seemed somewhat strange.

• Visited September 2012
Oxford UK
“We got a table!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were very surprised to be able to book a table on a Saturday night for this well known and excellent restaurant. A simple exterior and an equally simple but elegant interior, with beautifully crisp table linen. Excellent and knowledgeable staff with the owners much in evidence. Thoughtfully prepared food, including lightly grilled vegetables to start, followed by a generous platter of mixed fish and seafood for two to share, lamb that fell off the bone and wafted rosemary and thyme across the table. Delicious puddings of flan (creme caramel), and ice cream. Well chosen wine list with a mix of Spanish and other country wines. All reasonably priced for the quality and care taken over the food and the customers. If you can get a table, book and go.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank sequinOxfordUK
Dublin, Ireland
“Great service and nice food but could be a little better”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We ate here on our last night in Valencia. We were recommended another restaurant by a local but when we went to book they were only available for lunch so we chose here instead. We had a lovely table located at the window of the restaurant which was quiet and gave us some privacy. The restaurant is pretty big with seats upstairs and down and it is pretty nice inside although the lights were super bright which i found a little off putting. I couldn't fault the staff more, they were very attentive and recommended certain dishes and wines and changed a few things around as I don't eat meat. My main gripe was service was a little too efficient, I had barely put my fork down and at one time I hadn't finished my salad and they came a took the food. We tried the Navarro salad and crayfish for starter along with one small croquette each. The salad was huge but fresh and tasty and as I don't eat ham they only put it on one side for my boyfriend and gave me anchovies. The crayfish was kind of a waste of money as it was minuscule and had barely any meat on it and the meat that was on it was very salty. The croquettes we both agreed were yum. For mains I had the monk fish and my boyfriend had the steak. Mine was nice but in saying that it didn't compare in terms of flavours to other seafood dishes I had the previous night. My boyfriends steak was cold in the middle so he sent it back to which they were extremely apologetic. The chef came to the table to make sure it was OK the second time around. My boyfriend enjoyed it from then on in. We were too full for dessert but to make up for the steak they gave us a couple of glasses of dessert wine each to try. It was a mixed affair, we ate in appetite the previous night so our expectations were immensely high given it was number 3 on TripAdvisor but I think the food let it down slightly. In saying that though we both had a great night.

• Visited October 2012