“Great service and nice food but could be a little better”

Restaurante Navarro
Ranked #10 of 3,625 Restaurants in Valencia
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Closed for holidays until 31st August. Open 1st September 2017.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We ate here on our last night in Valencia. We were recommended another restaurant by a local but when we went to book they were only available for lunch so we chose here instead. We had a lovely table located at the window of the restaurant which was quiet and gave us some privacy. The restaurant is pretty big with seats upstairs and down and it is pretty nice inside although the lights were super bright which i found a little off putting. I couldn't fault the staff more, they were very attentive and recommended certain dishes and wines and changed a few things around as I don't eat meat. My main gripe was service was a little too efficient, I had barely put my fork down and at one time I hadn't finished my salad and they came a took the food. We tried the Navarro salad and crayfish for starter along with one small croquette each. The salad was huge but fresh and tasty and as I don't eat ham they only put it on one side for my boyfriend and gave me anchovies. The crayfish was kind of a waste of money as it was minuscule and had barely any meat on it and the meat that was on it was very salty. The croquettes we both agreed were yum. For mains I had the monk fish and my boyfriend had the steak. Mine was nice but in saying that it didn't compare in terms of flavours to other seafood dishes I had the previous night. My boyfriends steak was cold in the middle so he sent it back to which they were extremely apologetic. The chef came to the table to make sure it was OK the second time around. My boyfriend enjoyed it from then on in. We were too full for dessert but to make up for the steak they gave us a couple of glasses of dessert wine each to try. It was a mixed affair, we ate in appetite the previous night so our expectations were immensely high given it was number 3 on TripAdvisor but I think the food let it down slightly. In saying that though we both had a great night.

There are newer reviews for Restaurante Navarro

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We went to this restaurant because of what other people had wrote on triadvisor. We loved it!
The food was delicious and very good price. We ate the fixed menu of the day which included seafood paella and it was super. Also for dessert the apple tart was outstanding.
The service was great, the owner is always there and his 3 daughters are with him as well.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We enjoyed a lovely Saturday evening meal at Navarro. When we reserved our table, we pre ordered the paella Valenciana, therefore did not have to wait the traditional 45-50 minutes for the dish to cook. This paella had chicken, rabbit, artichokes, fresh snails, beans and long beans. It was fabulous, and the conejo had a huge artichoke on top that kept it moist while cooking. The rice was savory and moist. We began with the warm salad with baby lettuce, monkfish and prawns for 2 , which was large enough for 3-4 to share. Fantastic. With water and a bottle of local red wine, our cost was appx. 75 euros. There is a cover charge. Service was excellent, many languages are spoken by the staff. The interior is bright with oil paintings of foods along the walls. There are fresh flowers and candles on the tables. They are open for dinners on Saturday, otherwise lunch only during the week.

1  Thank Pamela V
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Very nice, cozy, with great atmosphere restaurant. Food is delicious, and I mean high level delicious) service is excellent and hours flow one by one here) Sangria is so beautifully served and tastes like the best I tried in Valencia!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I took three friends and the wife of course to Navarro for lunch.
Three of us decided to try the Menu del Dia which was well presented and cooked beautifully the Waitress recomended a local wine which went well with our food.
The two that eat from the Al a Carte were still talking about their main course on the way home what good food, service, and good wines.
I cant wait to go back.