“Magical night”

Seu Xerea
Ranked #50 of 3,625 Restaurants in Valencia
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Neighborhood: La Seu
Description: Come and savour mediterranean fusion food in this centrally located and highly recommended restaurant in Valencia's historical Barrio del Carmen. Just a few metres from the cathedral square, this restaurant is a relaxing retreat after a morning of sightseeing. Stephen Anderson heads the friendly English speaking team. Eat alfresco or in the modern, comfortable, designer interior. The daily lunchtime menu is excellent value for money and the a la carte is an opportunity to try the gastronomic offer of one of Valencia's best fine dining restaurants.
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat on a Saturday night in Valencia after arriving during Siesta. The hotel concierge at Caro hotel recommended this place (& that we don't bother turning up till 8.45pm) and he was right on both counts.

The food was amazing, with an octopus carpaccio and delicate meats, with Spanish white wine we had discovered that week as well.

Although the staff were a little abrupt, but we eventually relaxed our waiter a little :)

We had a great night in the end with 3 courses only costing the same amount as 1 course in Australia

There are newer reviews for Seu Xerea

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Sophisticated dishes with a subtle Eastern touch. It was easily the best dinner we had in Valencia. The service, the location and the delighful owner/chef made it even better

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great food, great service and reasonable Price (not cheap but also not so expensive). I strongly recommend the full menu if you want to enjoy and explore as much as possible all the cooking abilities of the chef, although other less abundant yet equally superb menus are also avalaible. In my opinión this restaurant deserves one Michelin star.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was charmed and delighted by Valencia as a first time visitor. Thankfully, someone had highly recommended Seu Xerea to me and - wow - incredible and sublime. I had the tapas tasting menu and it was extraordinary. As I'd just told an acquaintance, I want to dine in the spots that will be the NEXT Michelin stars. This one will be there or better.

Steve, the owner and chef, has a world-class spot. His able assistants, Leonardo, Ani and Fernando were excellent.

I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We popped in for a mid week lunch, it was quiet, but we had an excellent mea. My food was good but my wife managed to choose the stars from the lunch menu with: smoked aubergine & lemon soup (taste sensation); duck rice dish and a superb plum strudel. My Valencia Fish Stew was a tad creamy for my taste, but still very good