“Beautifully presented food and top service in a pretty location”
Review of Seu Xerea

Seu Xerea
Ranked #52 of 3,580 Restaurants in Valencia
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Neighborhood: La Seu
Description: Come and savour mediterranean fusion food in this centrally located and highly recommended restaurant in Valencia's historical Barrio del Carmen. Just a few metres from the cathedral square, this restaurant is a relaxing retreat after a morning of sightseeing. Stephen Anderson heads the friendly English speaking team. Eat alfresco or in the modern, comfortable, designer interior. The daily lunchtime menu is excellent value for money and the a la carte is an opportunity to try the gastronomic offer of one of Valencia's best fine dining restaurants.
San Francisco
“Beautifully presented food and top service in a pretty location”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant really understands how to make an evening with good food into an evening memorable for great service too, and the surroundings and wine list are up to the quality of the food and service too. Well-done modern decor, moderate noise level, and an interesting and varied menu really round it out. Everything was great, and some of the dishes got a 'wow, this is really interesting' as well. Try it!

• Visited January 2013

Geraardsbergen, Belgium
“Creative spanish cuisine with azian influences”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We choose the tapasmenu, and did not regret that choice.
You start with a selection of 5 warm tapas, all beautifully served and tasting delicious! Followed by a main course and dessert.
Atmosphere is nice and service is good.
So maybe a bit more upmarket, but worth it!

• Visited December 2012
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Great experience!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Upmarket restaurant but if you don't mind spending a little more than the average place then definitely drop in here. Food, wine, service and ambience superb, overall a great experience on all of the senses!

Visited December 2012
“Don´t hesitate. GO!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great food, nice service, nice place and well located nearby the cathedral. What more do you want?
Fusion food that you will definitely love at affordable price.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Chardonnehus
Galway City
“OMG”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had booked this for a Friday night but when we passed it on a Thursday it looked pretty quiet so we decided to change our reservation to lunch on the Friday. The restaurant only opens at 1.30 for lunch & doesn't serve lunch on Saturdays. It was early November & our waiter looked at us strangely when we asked to sit outside but at 22deg that's practically summer in Ireland. I was really glad we did. Although SeuXerea is on a quiet street near the cathedral it was great to people watch between courses & very funny when a car drove up the street & scared our waiter. I have to warn you though do NOT order the set lunch menu. Well do if you must & it's great value for the quality of food but you'll be missing out on something quite extraordinary, the daube of beef. Nearly everyone we saw, including the two other couples who also decided to eat outside, ordered the lunch at the set price of €20. Joann's consisted of an amuse bouche of Moroccan style soup of lentils & chickpeas with coriander. Really nice. A starter of salmon (the tuna wasn't available due to the market being closed on Nov 1st ) was very good and a 2nd starter of ravioli with spinach & ricotta with sage butter was elegant. Her main of mushroom risotto was ok, tasty but a bit dull & her pear with vanilla ice cream was nice. So why the 5 star review? Quite simply my main was the best piece of meat I have ever had, ever. In fact I would nearly fly back to Valencia for the daube of beef main & the peanut & chocolate dessert. I had a couple of small tapas starters that were very nice but when the main course of two generous slices of beef cheek arrived with puréed potato & a delicious yellow cream (was listed as carrot but was as sweet as yellow pepper). I had some crusty bread left on my side plate & to prove a point I managed to cut my beef with the crust of the bread - it was that tender. I am not joking, forget your knife & ask for a spoon. I really tried to eat as slowly as I possibly could to make every single mouthful last. I was even reluctant to share this with Joann. We shared a bottle of Verdejo & I had a really nice glass of Ribera with my beef. Not only would I have licked the plate but I nearly would have kissed the chef. I rarely have dessert but after a main course this good I just had to try something. Chocolate, peanut brownie with hot chocolate sauce, wowee!! So please, do NOT order the set lunch. Buy the daube of beef & finish with the brownie dessert. Incredible. Just to show you how good it was, we went back for the same two dishes 7 hours later that night. Best meal I had in Valencia by a mile. My only regret was that In the evening we shared a pricey bottle of local wine that was just ok. I should have stuck to the Ribera wine by the glass.

• Visited November 2012