“Very nice hotel!”

Ranked #26 of 101 Hotels in Valencia
Gjøvik
“Very nice hotel!”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

This hotel has a perfect location in the old town.
Fancy style at the hotel.
Nice staff, clean rooms.
The only thig that could be better was the bathroomdoor. That was just a sliding door that didn`t work..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
VincciHotels, Community Manager at Vincci Palace Valencia, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
To our esteemed guest:

We appreciate your comments. We will pass along your praise to the hotel’s entire staff. That you had a good experience at our hotel is our greatest pleasure, and it’s the reason why we work so hard every day.

Thank you very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
london
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Arrived late in the evening. It took me a while to find the hotel from the metro but was gradually pointed in the right direction by lots of friendly locals.

A very stylish hotel. Am surprised by the comments on the size of the room as my room (5th floor) was relatively large (certainly for one person). And the wardrobe was huge!

A nice location within walking distance of the main city cites. Friendly staff and a very comfortable bed.

Loved the mood lighting in the room. Would certainly come back again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
To our esteemed guest:

It was such a pleasure reading your comments. Without a doubt, feedback like yours encourages us to continue working hard so that our guests’ experiences at our hotels are enjoyable ones. We would love to see you again soon at any of our establishments.

Island Of Malta, Malta
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel many, many times, but never shared our experience with you. So now is the time.

This is a great hotel, staff are very helpful, rooms are clean, bedding is changed on a daily basis. I do agree, the hangers and wardrobe space is very limited. Other than that we could not fault. Great central location with lots of restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
To our esteemed guest:

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate knowing that your stay with us met your expectations. Without question, our guests’ satisfaction is our raison d’être.

We hope to see you again soon at one of our hotels.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed July 15, 2010

The hotel was a little difficult to find, but found it eventually. The car parking sign was not visible, so my wife jumped out of the car and quickly ran into reception to find the car park. She was told just to turn left next to the hotel. It was unbelievable. The car had to perfectly lined up 90 deg to the building on a very narrow street. When the car parking door opened, it was a lift !!. I had to fold the mirrors in and then there was only millimetres to spare. The car is not large at 4.8m in length, but the lift maximum was 5m.
The parkatronic sensors front and back were screaming. When the lif dropped two floors and the doors opened we found ourselves in a black hole of a place, eventually we got parked. Coming out was a lot worse, but maybe for another time. Please take my advice and park somewhere else. The hotel was alright (not great)but acceptable, I wouldn't visit again with a car.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travellers_woes
Gstaad, Switzerland
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Friendly staff, nice room (close the windows ... otherwise it's toooooo noisy!), nice design and perfectly well located! Skip the expensive breakfast and enjoy Starbucks which is located in the same building. Room-cleaning could be better. Beware - some rooms are in the atrium.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Thank you very much.
London
Reviewed January 26, 2010

The hotel is on the centre of Valencia and the lounge and its corridors and centre stair are superb. That's the good points. The rest is just bad. The rooms are tiny ( I counted 8 steps from the balcony to the door) and the showers are terrible. The back panel of our shower was broken and had been glued but the truly awful part is the shower head, which is the size of a hot dog. Also, there is NO BAR and the clientele is rather senior. In addition, they were quite unpleasant at the reception. I was initially asked if I wanted a room with views over the main road to which I agree. I was given a room in the first floor from which you can hear not only the noise of the traffic but also people's conversations. I went back to change rooms and I asked for something on a higher floor and I was told that they had nothing above the second so I had to settle for a room on the second floor on the opposite side of the hotel (much quieter than the main road and a pretty view in my opinion). My partner arrived later on that day and asked again to change rooms to another person on reception and he was offered the 5th floor but I had already unpacked so we didn't swap. I had considered another hotel, the Petit Palace Bristol and I checked it out as it was also in the centre of town and it looked a lot better than the Vincci! Can't say I would ever go back..

Also, please note I was over charged 10 Euros by the taxi driver that brought me from the airport and I'm told this kind of con is very common by Valencians. The trip from the airport to the centre of town should no cost more that 15 Euros so be vigilant.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MissMartinih
VincciHotels, Community Manager at Vincci Palace Valencia, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
To our valued guest:

We are contacting you again to let you know that we have been unable to address your comment due to the fact that you have not provided us with the confirmation number of your reservation. Without this information, and without any other way with which to identify you, it has been impossible for us to follow-up. We would love to do so, but we would need the aforementioned information before we can proceed.

Thank you.
East Anglia
Reviewed January 22, 2010

We stayed for a short break and the location is excellent - very central. However, the rooms are styled in a manner reminiscent of a high class bordello. All dark curtains, mood lighting and transparent bathroom screen. However, when you discover that ther is no iron available or adapters and it's a bit difficult to see why it is describing itself as an international four start hotel. Service was not good - when the internet card I was using failed to function I was told to call a number! This was despite the fact it was the hotel that had sold me the card and I didn't have Spanish! We got a fairly good deal I think considering its location but I would have been reluctant to pay more than that.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple