“Fantastic place!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Valencia Arts and Sciences Segway Tour
Ranked #5 of 260 things to do in Valencia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Oceanogràfic of Valencia is the biggest aquarium in Europe. It is located in the Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències. This place faithfully reproduces the most important marine ecosystems.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Sidcup, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I wasn't too sure what to expect when I visited the City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia but I had no idea how much there was to see and do, really you need several days visiting to make the most of it! We decided to visit Oceangrafic which (although a little pricey) was a great experience. The architecture alone is enough reason to visit with the still blue water surrounding these futuristic white buildings. It is a stunning place to look at, especially in the glorious sunshine. There were plenty of things to see from penguins to dolphin shows and all the staff were friendly and helpful. We tried to squeeze in a visit to the other parts of the park too but really didn't have time with only the one day. I would love to think that I'll return here one day and take advantage of the whole park!

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Buy online as part of 3 exhibit deal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I bought my tickets for this and the hemispheric and the museum of science online and saved myself a couple euros, it was easy enough and got straight in. I hired the auto guide at the desk and was given a map of the setting. It was clear and easy to navigate. I did the layout easy enough to move around, there's plenty of space. I would definitely recommend being part of the first morning group to visit as I can not imagine how hard and frustrating it would be moving through the tunnels with people stopping and blocking the way.
I was told at the audio guide office of a show at the dolphin arena. I turned up early and had really good seats. However please note the show was in Spanish, there is no English option. I found the walrus and the sea lion exhibit a bit distressing as there are a lot of animals crammed into a very small area, same with the dolphins.
I left early as I was not impressed with humans having such a wide amount of space and the animals - next to none. Very unrealistic settings for the animals - I would not recommend this if you have been to other aquariums and seen the effort they put into making the animals as comfortable as possible, not humans, nor was there a lot of information about on going research, it just seemed like a personal collection of animals kept in environments anything but their own. Disappointing .

4 Thank Anita L
Alsager, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were more than pleasantly surprised by our day at this attraction, would go as far to say it was the highlight of our holiday.
Originally we had planned to visit the zoo near Valencia but it was too hot to be wondering around the zoo all day so we noticed the Oceanografic was very close so decided to visit there.
When we got there we never expected it to be so good. The aquariums were so big and the fish all looked so healthy. Information on all the fish and exhibits was easy to find and well written.
If you like seeing fish and alike this place has to be a must visit if your ever in Valencia.

Kent, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Aquatic heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

By far the best Aquarium I've ever been to, and perhaps if it wasn't as hot and I wasn't as tired from seeing the science museum that morning I'd have probably enjoyed it more.
Top tip if you are staying close to Valencia only see one of the attractions ate the Science/Arts parc at a time! Other friends that just went to the Oceangrafic on it's own enjoyed it more than I think I did.

There is so much going on it is quite hard to take it all in and I'd advise stopping to catch your breath.

Given my time again I think I would buy a week long pass for all the parc and try and see them in more temperate weather, despite it being so stunning in the sun.

1 Thank Ralphus2704
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I had a lovely time at the aquarium. The exterior was just beautiful and was very interesting to walk around. I would recommend going early to avoid large crowds if travelling in the summer months.