“Can't fault it”

The Westin Valencia
Ranked #12 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a very solid 5 star hotel.

The staff, the room, the location, the bars are all top class. Nothing is really spectacular but I just could not fault any aspect of this hotel at all.

If you need somewhere to stay in Valencia you wont find better than the Westin

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinValencia, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you having the time to write your comments in Tripadvisor.com. I appreciate the you enjoyed our facilities.
Look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,744)

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Westin in Valencia confirmed my experience of the Westin brand. A comfortable hotel located in a 1917 modernist two-storey building around a courtyard. And comfortable in the sense of understated luxury. Very friendly staff. My standard room was large, with a separate wood-panneled walk-in closet with separate toilet and bathroom with both bath a walk-in shower. The room was street-side but the neigborhood is quiet and I heard no traffic. The hotel is located close to the old center (10mn walk) just across the wonderful Turia park. Two metro stations at 100 meters can get you anywhere. I had dinner at the Rosmarino resturant, which is upscale traditional mediterranean. Try the smoked ham as a starter! I was told by locals that the Japanese estaurant in the hotel is excellent, but did not try it myself. The breakfast buffet is sufficient, but with much less choice than I would have expected, especially at the price of €24 which is disproportionate. Overall, good experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FernIze

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your comment in Tripadvisor. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our hotel and its facilities and we appreciated your nice comments.
We would be happy to welcome you again at The Westin Valencia.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The most important aspect of staying at the Westin Valencia was the staff. Always welcoming, competent, friendly yet unobtrusive. The hotel is luxurious yet not pretentious, very clean and well-kept. The rooms range from big to enormous, clean and well furnished.
The location is also very good: 10 minutes walk from the city centre and 15 the City of the Arts and Sciences, 400m from the closest subway station, and if you're into it, 100m from the stadium where Valencia FC plays home.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinValencia, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your comment in Tripadvisor. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our hotel and its facilities and we appreciated the nice comments regarding the our staff. We will be very happy to share this comments with our team.
We would be happy to welcome you again at The Westin Valencia.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I went here in June 2012 with my fiance. Firstly, we went for 3 nights but that was nowhere near enough for such a lovely city!

We decided to stay at The Westin, can not fault the hotel at all. Was brilliant and excellent service. The staff were so friendly and our room was even upgraded on the last night to one with a Jacuzzi on the balcony.

Hotel is quite central and a short taxi ride away from the beach and town. Would defo recommend and the only place I would stay WHEN i go back!

Room Tip: Get the room with a Jacuzzi on the balcony in the summer
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinValencia, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your comment in Tripadvisor. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our hotel and its facilities and thank you for your nice comments.
I am looking forward to meet you personally during your next visit to The Westin Valencia.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Luckily y faith has been restored in the Westin brand (see my other view of another Westin property). The hotel itself was lovely. Very clear, well laid out (in a square around a central courtyard). Breakfast was great every morning (I am not sure where the previous reviewer thought the tea and coffee were hidden but they were on plain display!). The room was very nice with a separate walk in wardrobe and shower and bath (we had an inward facing room which overlooked the courtyard). Everything about the room was tidied and replenished correctly each day.
I didn't need to use the wifi so cant comment on the cost. The only thing I thought they were tight and inflexible were the late check out charges (tip: take a look at the desk as you can use your Starwood points to "pay" for things like late check outs, robes, room upgrades etc. The Spanish language version said that you could check out at 6pm for 4500 points, the englih side said you had to leave at 4pm ;))

Door staff were great. Whilst we were there, the Real Madrid players were in residence so if its good enough for them, its good enough for me.

Hotel bar closed early (I think around midnight) however they had a club/bar which remained open to the early hours (although you may experience a wait as most of the staff seemed to be more happy chatting to their friends and getting them drinks rather than anyone else).

Overall a nice stay. No major issues. Staff all friendly, beds comfy, food nice and location was an easy 15 min walk to the square in the old town.

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors so I guess tope floor would be away from traffic noise (not that there was a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil M
WestinValencia, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Guest,
We have taken good note of your recommendations and thanks to your comments we are able to improve our offer and service.
Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I loved Valencia on my first and only trip (what a beautiful city!) and one the big reasons I enjoyed it so much is that I had a great stay at the Westin Valencia.

First of all, I must admit I stay at Starwood properties a lot - as a result I am Platinum, so maybe my experience is a bit biased as I tend to get upgraded, etc. However, everything I saw about this hotel seemed right on the mark.

First of all, the room was very nice. I did indeed get an upgrade into a corner Junior suite, with a wrap around balcony and a large set of double closets on the way to the marble bathroom. The bed was super comfortable (it is a Westin after all, so Heavenly Bed is the standard), the TV large and well appointed, and the service was great the entire time. The only downside is that being in one of the corners of the hotel the wifi could be spotty. But as I wasn't there for work (and there was a cable connection should I need it) it wasn't a big deal for me. My rate also included breakfast, which I suggest taking as it is a fairly nice spread and it can hold you over until a late lunch.

As far as service, everyone was great, from the check-in desk to the bellboys, to the restaurant and bar personnel. Definitely top notch.

There is a lovely courtyard in the center, which is nice to sit in while having a drink. I also did try the property restaurant, and the food was indeed very good (though considering there are a lot of good food options in Valencia, I'd suggest venturing out and getting a cheaper meal, of course - unless you are tired like I was on my first night).

The only one thing that could take away from this is the location - as it is, it's neither in the old city, nor on the beach, so you'll have to venture out. Luckily the old town is just a short 15-20 minute walk away, and the beach is easily accessible via subway / light rail (I actually walked there one morning, it took an hour so i'd suggest not walking). It is however, right next to the Turia river gardens - a lovely park that goes all the way to the City of Arts and Sciences and which makes a great stroll among orange trees, fountains, playgrounds and lots of locals. I heartily recommend taking that walk.

I hope to be visiting Valencia soon again, and I definitely will be staying at the Westin when I do so.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed good, it's not too noisy of a location so outside rooms are fine - may want...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mrtourne

Dear Guest,
thank you for your comments on your review, we are delightes to see that you have enjoyed your stay at The Westin Valencia.
Look forward to welcome back in the near future.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Valencia is a fantastic city - we were very impressed!
The hotel is OK; the rooms are nice enough - though we booked the Grand Deluxe with outdoor terrace, and that proved to be a bit pointless - a 4 square metre high-walled prison yard doesnt really fit my description of 'Grand Deluxe' or 'outside balcony'. I guess we were just unlucky (avoid room 257!)
The check-in process was a complete catastrophe. No need for details, but we turned up just about at 3pm, the check-in time, with my disabled mother on her disability scooter, two young children and my wife and Dad. We were kept hanging about, told to wait 'just another 15 minutes' a few times, before we finally got the keys to Mum and Dads room and we could all get to our rooms later that afternoon.
Breakfast was fine and plentiful - a bit hard to track down the staff who hide the tea and coffee in a secret location, but all good once they were found.
Overall, it is 'ok', but there are very much better organised properties, based on our admittedly one night experience. Definitely go to Valencia though - it makes up for any hotel based inadequacies!
I will note that there is free parking just outside the hotel, and a carpark underneath which we didnt need to use. This is handy in a city centre-ish location.
The public loos on the ground floor were a disgrace as well, with unpleasant matter on the floors, walls, even the light switch....We told the staff, and they presumably dealt with it but we didnt check.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank aassheton
WestinValencia, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all and on behalf of the Management Team we would like to apologize once again for the inconveniences you have found during your stay. I understand that our Rooms Division Manager has already contacted you regarding all details of your stay.

We would like to thank you once again for your time in getting these very important comments to us, as they are the only way for us to improve and keep our standards. The Westin Valencia is trying to reinforce its position as a leading 5- star property in the city and therefore, our goal is to offer excellent service levels through regular trainings with our staff to achieve the highest possible Customer Satisfaction results.

We do take all these comments very seriously and we have therefore shared them with the rest of the teams in order to resolve these issues.