“A perfect weekend city break”

The Westin Valencia
Ranked #12 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My partner and I travelled over to Valencia for a last minute weekend break as my birthday treat.
The Westin is the perfect choice for a luxury weekend get away in the heart of Valencia. Excellent location, a short walk to all the city sites.
I am a particularly fussy traveller, and have very high expectations of standards of hotels and this met all my expectations.
I would definitely recommend this hotel perfect for anyone, couples for a romantic break, business travellers that want a luxury option to stay in.
The Spa area and indoor swimming pool is also a plus point.

Room Tip: Look out of the online booking offers
Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Westin Valencia

Reviewed April 2, 2011

We got a 3 nights for 2 deal but think it would have been good value anyway. Staff were really helpful and only trivial things to mind that are not worth writing about.

Location is handy and you can get a bus 32 to the beach, which is easy to get to by bus or metro. We went to the beach for dinner one evening - really easy.

Room Tip: Nearest metro station is Aragon.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I am currently staying at this hotel with my partner who is here for work and so far we have been les than impressed with this hotel which is supposed to be the best in Valencia.
It took half an hour from walking into reception to finally getting checked in and getting to our room. Our bags took another 10-15minutes, well in fact we were on our way down to get them. The room is what you'd expect for a five star but nothing special, no complimentary water etc. as you would usually find in hotel of this class. We were tired and decided to order from room service which should take 30miutes but was "delayed" so about an hour. The cheese and ham starters were very tasty and well presented. The main meal of tenderloin was fine but the grilled seasonal vegetables were too oily. My chicken in blue cheese sauce arrived without the sauce but given the meal had taken so long I wasn't going to ask again. So I had a very dry chicken meal. We went to use the pool and were told it wasn't included in our room rate so we were charged 10euros each for a day -it was 5pm so we didn't get a lot of use out of that! Check when you book on line through providers that there isn't any small print we booked through Last Minute and although I didn't see that the swimming pool wasnt included I can only assume it was somewhere. If we had seen it we may have reconsidered as the facilities were the main reason we booked this hotel it does seem penny pinching for a hotel to have a different rate for you to use their facilities. This morning we were woken at 8.10 to someone banging/hammering for 20 minutes in the hotel. We are in room 159 which is above one ofthe entrances, there was a function last night so maybe things were being dismantled rather than routine maintenance. Whatever, being in this room probably isn't the best position if you want to get a decent sleep especially if you dont have to get up. If you are hoping to hook up your laptop in the business centre you are out of luck you can use the computers there but otherwise you pay for internet. The history is present on these computers they seem to be used by all so personally I wouldnt use them to connect to work remotely. All in all if we hadn't paid in advance for this hotel we would be leaving earlier than Sunday, I expect to pay a premium for a five star hotel but I do not expect to have experienced so little in the way of valuing guests. Certainly it is not worth the money if you have plentiful experieince of other five star hotels you will understand why!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Flyti
WestinValencia, General Manager at The Westin Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Dear guest,
First of all, let me thank you for the time you took to write this review. Every comment, be it positive or negative, is extremely important to us as I believe it helps us to improve continuously and work on our quality of service.
Please accept my most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences caused during your stay. I assure you that half an hour for a check in and a 1 hour wait for the room service is not our standard at all and I will personally check on these problems. Your comments about the quality of food will be passed to our kitchen chef.
As for the computers in the business center, the privacy and security of our guests is one of our priorities, so all the unique and private information, history etc. is deleted from the computer the moment you log off or turn it off.
Please note, that all your comments will be passed to the teams responsible and we will definitely take them into consideration
One more time, please accept our apologies and we would be delighted to see you again in The Westin Valencia so we could prove to you that we are valuing each of our guests and it is our goal to make every stay a memorable one.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 25, 2011

Great hotel in best location of city. The staff are really special and went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Rooms are huge and the beds are "heavenly". would only stay here in Valencia if budget is not an issue.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2011

The Westin Valencia is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in on holiday. The staff are friendly and attentive, the facilities and grounds of the property are well maintained and very attractive and the rooms are spacious and well equipped.

We hadn't realised that the Fallas festival was going to be on and this was a great time to go with all the fireworks and free festivities going on in the city. We were a little disappointed to find out that the climax of the Festival was to be after we had left but we were soon comforted as there was a free MTV concert on the Saturday night in the City of Arts & Sciences which was an amazing thing to go to because of the fantastic location and great lineup. Things got even better when we realised that the bands were staying in the hotel!

Overall the hotel was fantastic and I would definately stay again. The bar is expensive for imported drinks but there are plenty of bars in the town and there is a market about ten minutes away where you can get some great wines for less than five Euro. Valencia is a beautiful, vibrant, exciting city and I would recommend visiting during the Fallas as it is a great celebration to be a part of. The people are friendly and we really had a great time.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
WestinValencia, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2011

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your kind comments about the hotel and our associates - they will be shared with the team.
Hopefully, next year you will be able to see the Fallas festival in all its beauty! We will be happy to welcome you back!
Best regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2011

The hotel was the highlight of the hotels so far of our trip to Spain. The rooms were spacious and the staff friendly. The restaurants and bar had great food and atmosphere. The hotel was quiet and just out of the noisy downtown, but close enough to walk everywhere. The only recommendation that I would have for the hotel is to have the option to include unlimited WiFi in the price of the room. Including multiple iPhones and computers that couples have. It is annoying to have the WiFi cut out after exactly 72 hrs. I would definitely return to this hotel next time I am in Valencia.

• Stayed: March 2011

We are very glad to know that you have enjoyed our restaurants and bars, the attention of our associates and the hotel itself! It is our priority to make our guests feel welcome.
Please note, that I will share your suggestions about the WiFi with the manager involved.
Thank you very much for the time you took to post the review! We hope to welcome you back soon!
Best regards,

Reviewed March 8, 2011

My husband and I made our first trip to Valencia at the end of February. Based on reviews, we selected the Westin Valencia and we were very happy we did. We stayed in a deluxe room overlooking the garden. The room was very large and comfortable. Marble covered bathroom. an entry hall with wood paneled closet and shelves and a safe that was easy to use. We signed up for the daily breakfast at the beginning of our stay and were happy we did. It became our breakfast and lunch each day. There were pastries, meats and smoked salmon, plenty of fresh fruit and juices and omlettes made to order.
the best part of the stay was the excellent staff who went out of their way to be sure we were comfortable and felt welcome. They were always available in the lobby to give directions, make suggestions and generally check in on us. We had originally planned to stay in Valencia for 4 nights but were so happy with our stay that we extended it for 2 additional nights. The staff helped us with our extended reservation and even called the train station to be sure our ticket could be changed.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
WestinValencia, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review! I will share your comment with our team – they will be delighted to know that we have managed to make your stay a memorable experience!
Thank you for choosing The Westin Valencia and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon!
Yours sincerely,