We had a night here when going to the opera at the Art and Science Complex, which is a few hundred metres from the hotel. And indeed out hotel room had a nice view of the Arts & Science complex
The room was ultra modern, with a good view of the museum complex. And was good value for money at 84€ for the room.
However there were maintenance problems
1. The worst was a toilet problem with drains and the resultant smell in the room.
2. The next was that the air-conditioning temp was faulty, so we had to open the window to cool the room. But the window would not shut, and someone from reception armed with a long pole had to close it
3. The electric blind did not work, so the room was too light at night
So we had a smelly room, too hot with faulty air-con, and too noisy with a window that would not close
I would also say that the downstairs bar area is a bit seedy. I would agree with the other reviewer's comment that the hotel garage was very difficult to get into with tight turns - it did cost 18€ a day, but I knew that in advance, and is fairly standard with city hotels. On the plus side the wifi was free.
So 84€ for a modern room with a view of one of Spain's modern architectural wonders, Pleasant staff, but with fault plumbing, aircon and blind and a window that did not work. Perhaps oddly I felt I got value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star hotel Barcelo Valencia located in Valencia is part of the chain of Barcelo Hotels & Resorts. It is a walking distance of about 600 m from the City of Arts and Science and Aqua Centre shopping complex and 1 km from the Palace of Music.The port is about 3 km from the hotel, the airport is 17 km and Malvarrosa beach is about 4 km. Public transport is available right next to the entrance. The hotel has a capacity is 187 rooms. All are equipped with air-conditioning, heating, fully equiped bathroom with tub and hair dryer, writing desk, telephone, LCD satellite TV, refrigerator, minibar, safe, and free wireless Internet. The hotel complex offers a lobby and 24-hour reception, terrace, bar with a view, three theme restaurants with different types of cuisine, business centre, fitness room, car park, lift, and room service. The business center includes two conference halls with up to 300 seats, as well as 6 offices for 15-25 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Barcelo, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Valencia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Valencia Hotel Valencia