“Amazing!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Valencia
“Amazing!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I loved my stay here. I went with my boyfriend and it was the perfect holiday. We stayed in a relaxation suite and felt incredibly spoilt, the spa bath was brilliant and I wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

2 Thank Rhian Marie F
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear@Rihanmarief

We have no word to express our gratitude for your kind comments .

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know your feedback .We are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and our services and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Meliá Valencia and i hope to welcome you personally.

Best regards

Meliá Valencia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Belgium
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Nice and comfortable room at the 16th level. The hotel staf are kind and helpfull.
Breakfeast is wonderful and food excellent.
The negative point is that you have to pay for the swimming pool and sauna....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank CarineBelgium
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear@Carinebelgium

Thank you for sharing your nice comments of your experience in our hotel over Tripadvisor.

It’s a pleasure to know that you full enjoy your stay at Meliá Valencia.

Concerning the spa services I would like to inform you that since the opening of our hotel we have decided to outsource the spa facilities.You may use a variety of services such as the Hamam, sauna and water circuit and you pay for the entire cicuit situated ath the 3erd floor ,There is no swimming pool located in the hotel.

Thank you again for your nice comments and concerning the hotel and our team and have a Happy New Year.

Best regards

Guest Experience Managre
UK
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I think the hotel has 27 floors - we paid a little extra for a City View and ended up on floor 24 with terrific views.
Splendid room with modern facilities,fridge etc
We had the breakfast option which was one of the two downsides to our stay. The vast hotel was very quiet and the breakfast room was understaffed with cluttered and uncleared tables and a patchy buffet - which should have been wonderfull with its big and varied choice.Eggs appeared to have bee kept warm for hours and replenishment slow.

Reception service - apart from check in was impersonal and unfriendly - clearly they felt holidaymakers were second class compared to the usual corporate guest!

Situated a good 10 minute walk from the metro it nevertheless provided a good base to re discover Valencia.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a City View (Higher floors)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MR.23
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear@MR23

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your opinion from your recent stay with us.

I would like to apologies for all the inconveniences that make you not enjoying your stay 100% with us and we will work to improve the services concerned.

Thank you again for all your comments witch help us to improve our service to achieve the satisfaction of our guest, our main objective.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you personally in a near future,

Waiting for this moment ,we wish you a happy New Year!

Houston, TX
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Pros:
-To summarize, it's the only four-star European hotel I've stayed at that equals American expectations of space, comfort, and amenities for a four-star property.
-Even standard rooms are huge, modern and nicely-appointed. Large desk for getting work done. Huge, nicely-lit bathroom with separate walk-in shower, soaking tub, and toilet enclosure.
-Excellent, fully-equipped gym (no extra charge).
-Great road-trip hotel. Parking garage is a little pricey, but there's ample unrestricted street parking near the hotel. About a 15-20 minute drive to the City of Arts and Sciences area, where you can also find plenty of free street parking.
-Great value - I was amazed by the deal we found for our room.

Cons:
-Our room had two twin beds pushed together to make a "king". Would've preferred an actual queen or king bed, but no big deal.
-Not the hotel's fault - but the guests in the (non-smoking) room next to ours smoked like chimneys, and the smell leached into our room through the connecting doorway.

Overall, the Melia Valencia was easily the best hotel value we experienced in Spain. We hope to be back in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Donato86
Dear@donato86

We are very glad to know that you full enjoyed your stay and our services and facilities.
I apologize for not be able to take care of the request that you ¡mention we will take them to improve our service and we hope to have a new opportunity to welcome you an offer our best service.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any further request.

We wish you a happy New Year!

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My colleague and I stayed at the Melia Valencia for 3 nights in October 2013 as we were exhibiting at the nearby congress center. We were both very impressed with the hotel and the rooms were comfortable and well appointed. The restaurant offers excellent food and a superb breakfast and we found the hotel staff to be very attentive. The Metro is only a short walk (2 blocks) away for trips into the city center. If you are visiting or exhibiting at the Congress Center, this hotel is highly recommended.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear@HS330

I hope to welcome you personally in near futures so please don’t hesitate to contact me for any further request.

We wish you Merry Christmas and all the best for New Year!

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I rated this hotel whilst staying there and thoroughly enjoyed everything about my stay. However I left my jacket there and the hotel quickly found it on ringing them the following day getting it described in detail with a well spoken Spanish hotel receptionist.so we could both exactly identify it . They would not post it despite me offering full payment to do so and I was advised to get a courier type company like UPS to collect it. I arranged this through a friend with a ups account but there was a few weeks delay in doing this due to me finding somebody to arrange it and as they would not pack it I had to post a bag for them to do so. This I was tolerant with , but by the time we had a bar code from ups , sent the bag , guess what the jacket went missing.i take blame for not getting a bag sent out quickly but the hotel made it so difficult in every respect to just collect it! I have left the odd item in hotels all over the world but have always managed to get them returned providing I pay the cost. This hotel didn't want to help till right till the end and then said the jacket is not here it never was , ! Despite me having it described in detail to me over the phone. It was a Hackett summer pin stripe jacket which when new cost £550.00! It was two years old but was of sentimental value and had arranged a premium return cost with ups no problem. So in my first review ever written all I really want to say is Don't leave anything in this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RJD145
Dear@RJD145

I would like to apologies for all the inconveniences that the situation that you mention made it to you.

I will work with the departments involved to make sure that we follow the procedure with the lost and found objects in our hotel. Be sure that we will make the necessary to improve our services.

I apologize again and please don’t hesitate to contact with us and we will assist you in any request you may need it

we wish you Merry Christmas and all the best for New Year!

Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was a one night stopover on a road trip across the eastern coast of Spain.
Picked this place as we got a good deal on the internet and was not disappointed. For the price of a B&B nearer the coast, it was a modern star class hotel with an amazingly wide breakfast spread that was truly scrumptious.

The rooms were clean, upto date and rather big. It had a business hotel feel but was really good for families as well.

Bit away from the coast but there are good restaurants near by. If you hire a car driving down to many of the public beaches is super easy.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Mas loyalty programme when checking-in (if you already haven't) and get on the s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shaariq
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear @shaariq

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We are glad we were able to satisfy all your expectations during your experience in our hotel.

I would like to thank you for the nice comments concerning our breakfast buffet and it will be a pleasure to share with our F&B department.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future for whatever event might bring you to Valencia and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you personally.

Best Regards