“DA EVITARE, TO AVOID... TO EXCLUDE !”

Hotel Melia Valencia
Ranked #5 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pisa, Italy
“DA EVITARE, TO AVOID... TO EXCLUDE !”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have been at july and i am very disappointed. The structure is very nice.. but really far away from the city center, it's very boring. Hotel seams cheap but it's not everything you take later its really expencive! And there is nothing included in the price.. wellnes its really expencive! And pay attention if you leave dates of your credit card... you can find some debit afterward .... without any explanation.... and you will never get answer.... also after few mails.. Staff is also rude.. Anyway Valencia is beautiful city and there are much bettere hotels than this one... I will never come back... and advice for everybody.. EXCLUDE IT !!!!!! or if you go pay attention ..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank zlatko s
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear @zlatkos

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review. We are obviously disappointed with your feedback about your last experience with us and I wish to express my most sincere apologies; as we have not delivered our usual high standards to which you deserve.

Concerning the comments about the procedure of the credit card please don’t hesitate to contact me and over the guest experience department to be able to give you a answer to your questions.

We look forward to one day regaining your faith in our brand and I very much hope to see you back at Melia Valencia!

Sincerely

Meliá Valencia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A very nice business hotel: very clean, with lovely bathrooms and very spacious bedrooms. However, if you are scared of heights I would request a room on the lower floor as I was on the 17th floor and going up on the lift was a bit scary! The breakfast was very good for the price I paid, a varied selection of hot food (sausages, bacon, eggs, baked beans, hash browns...etc) and cold food (croissants, cheese, muffins..etc) and some very nice fresh orange juice.

The only thing I was say, is this hotel really is a business hotel and not somewhere I would necessarily go on a holiday as it is in the business part of Valencia. If you want to be in the more touristy part of valencia, I would recommend the other Melia Hotel in the city centre (melia plaza) which is up to the same high standard of the Melia Hotel.

All in all, the perfect hotel for my short stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear @pinart

Thank you for sharing your nice comments of your experience in our hotel

it’s a pleasure to know that you full enjoy your stay at Melia Valencia.

Thank you again for your nice comments and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you personally in a near future, please don’t hesitate to contact with us over our guest experience team and we will assist you in futures reservations.

Best Regards

Swindon
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here on our annual trip from uk to Marbella. Arrived just on midnight, lovely reception areas , friendly efficient service. Great bar service for a nightcap. The room was very pleasant with amazing views as we were on the 23rd floor. Next morning we found there was no hot water from shower. My husband is a practical chap and could not adjust the tap to give hot water. There was plenty of hot water from the basin taps but none from the shower. Rang down to reception but there was no answer. When we went down to breakfast there was 1 receptionist and a queue of five couples/families waiting to check out. Breakfast was fine except for beverages. No tea so had coffee but there was no hot water to top up the espresso I had served. Thought I would have hot milk , but no hot milk. Exactly the same situation when I went for a second cup. Think the restaurant is understaffed as was confirmed on exiting the restaurant to complain about the hot water. Still five or six guests deep and only one receptionist. On checking out there were now two receptionists now the rush had passed, I advised the receptionist of the water situation and that I was very disappointed. She sent a maintenance chap to check who advised that there was nothing wrong with the water. I was absolutely furious and would never use this hotel again. Perhaps the water had heated up perhaps the maintenance man freed a seized tap. In any event I the customer COULD NOT GET ANY HOT WATER..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear@evelynepaw

Thank you for choosing Meliá Valencia during your stay in this City.

We appreciated your review and we will take note of your comments to improve our service

I apologize if your experience with us was not to your entire satisfaction. Please let me know when you will be next in Valencia, you can contact me directly at the hotel. This would give us the opportunity to personally take care of your stay and do our best to ensure that your experience will be the best one.

Waiting for this moment,

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a good hotel ONLY if you are in Valencia for business, a congress taking place nearby or maybe for the Casino next door. Otherwise you are better of looking for something closer to the center, for a better rate and where you can feel more welcome.

Pros: Close to congress center and casino (if you like that kind of thing), good breakfast buffet, modern and well equipped rooms, decent price for its star level, has an underground parking (paid).

Cons: Very far from anything worth seeing in Valencia, cold and oriented for business, big rooms but without much purpose to their space, long times to wait for elevators on upper floors, in no way better equipped or fancier than many other, cheaper hotels in Spain. Felt like it won its stars because of the size of the rooms rather than by its class and convenience. Can't say the service was great either, because when they messed up our booking, they acted like it was somehow our fault.

Note: the Spa costs 12 euro per entry (basic package of pool and sauna), something unclear on the hotel's website.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bogdan D
Dear@bogdand

Thank you for sharing the comments of your experience in our hotel over tripadvisor web

it’s a pleasure to know that you appreciated our rooms and the hotel in general.

Regarding the distance from the hotel to the main center I would like to inform you that the bus 62 to the main center has the stop just in the corner of the hotel and in 10 minutes drive you to the center. Otherwise you have the metro station Beniferri driving you to the center in 7 minutes.

I apologize that the Spa wasn’t up your expectations for sure I will share all your comments with our different departments’ concerned to use them to improve our services.

I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you again in one of our Meliá hotels over the world.

Sincerely

Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Booked for 3 nights with my daughter on a holiday trip coming from Barcelona by bus. Very friendly staff, nice big rooms ( we had ours on the 15th floor, which gave a nice view off the city) Bus, metro and tramway at very short walking distance) Tip: when returning in the evening, take a taxi it's cheap and comfortable) Remind when booking with kids, swimming pool is not for free! It's run by a spa/wellness company. Nevertheless we took our chance and had a nice experience. Average price 15€ pp. Including a drink. Overall a really nice hotel for what you pay!
Unfortunately the bar on the 23th floor was closed, would have been really nice.

Room Tip: Ask a room as high as possible, with city view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear @Jer0enBelgium

Thank you for sharing your nice comments of your experience in our hotel

it’s a pleasure to know that you full enjoy your stay at Melia Valencia.

Best Regards

Guest Experience
kuwait
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for one night , the hotel is in excellent location , just facing the casino , I was there for a trip specially for the casino . I was disappointed by the room , the air condition inside the room was not working properly despite my complaint to the front disk . When talked to the front disk employee , he advised me to put the A/C controller in AUTO mode , which I did , but it still not working . The smelling of the room in the smoking floor was stinking . The staff are nice , but they are not helpful at all .

• Stayed August 2013
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear @msmq8

many thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed review. We are obviously disappointed with your feedback about your last experience with us and I wish to express my most sincere apologies; as we have not delivered our usual high standards to which you deserve. All of your comments have been taken on board and we will work with the departments involved to improve our services in those floors.

Westwood, New Jersey
Reviewed August 10, 2013

First time at any Melia hotel and I have become a fan. Stayed there for one night. We got two connected rooms at high floor. Large rooms. Wifi could have been better.

The buffet breakfast was excellent with a large selection and, for us, the best during the whole trip. Location is good. A few eating places nearby within walking distance. Bathrooms are upscale.

Room Tip: Good for family since you can get connecting rooms (if you plan to take 2 rooms). Highly recommend t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear @orwan
Thank you for sharing your nice comments of your experience in our hotel

it’s a pleasure to know that you full enjoy your stay at Melia Valencia and also our family room.

Concerning your opinion about the internet connexion I will share your comments with the maintenance department to make sure that the system is working properly.

Best Regard