“Really nice place to stay”
Review of Red Nest Hostel

Red Nest Hostel
Ranked #22 of 179 Specialty Lodging in Valencia
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this place. I've never stayed in a hostel before, so I was a bit nervous, and my best friend and I booked a private room (bear in mind that there are no twins at this hostel - as we found out when we got there! I believe Purple Nest, their sister hostel does have twin rooms though). The main plus points about this place are that it's clean, colourful and centrally located. The decor is basic, but it doesn't look dated, and the communal kitchen and bathrooms are all kept very clean. Security is excellent - the reception is staffed 24 hours and the staff I met were all really courteous, friendly and involved with the life of the hostel. If you want to be social, they encourage this by putting on plenty of activities, but if you just want a quiet break or you're really tired, then they will respect that too. Definitely top of my list if I return to the city.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I am
writing this comment a year later and I can say easily that

Locaion was great
Price is perfect
Decoration was colourful

What can I say it was completely awesome:)

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Hi! I really liked this hostel for its location and friendly staff, but above all for the fact that they have a great bar area with terrace, food menu every night and "animacion" staff (entertainment). I also recommend the free walking tour of the city centre. I did it on my first day it is really good for a few reasons: well, first of all it's FREE! It's a 2-hour tour and NO early get up as it leaves every day at 12pm from the main square (Plaza de la Virgen). But what I appreciated the most was that the guide was very informative: he knew pretty much everything about the city, its history, its monuments, best places where to eat, etc.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2012

So I will start off by saying the location of the Red Nest is perfect!! Went there for 4 nights for Las Fallas and it was not only crazy but so much fun. We stayed in a double private. The Red Nest was located smack dab in the center of all the commotion, which was really great.

The staff is very helpful and welcoming too. The only two things I have to complain about was the bed was absolutely horrid. BRING YOUR OWN BLANKETS AND PILLOWS. I'm not kidding, it was like sleeping on the ground. There were gross little hairs all over the linens which we decided to sleep on top of since it seemed very unhygienic. Worst 4 nights of sleep in my life.

The bathrooms were okay. They got a little crowded but they weren't bad besides the fact that the shower is ice cold. THIS IS DEFINITELY A HOSTEL.

I found the price to be a bit shocking upon my arrival at the Nest. Equaling to just about the same amount as a hotel I was very surprised. I was there during the celebration which naturally will cost a bit more but for the lodgings it is not worth the price. BUT that being said the location along is.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Great hostal. It is convenient to sites, shopping and the metro. Enjoyed the roof top terrace and bar, along with the pub crawl. Wonderful energy at this hostal and very clean. Staff was pleasant, even after I slept through the checkout time. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This hostel was clean, comfortable and well located. There was a metro nearby but it was close enough to the center to just walk from too. They had 24 hour reception which suited my friend and i as we arrived late and free wifi access. The best thing about this hostel, however, was the bar and rooftop terrace! The bar had super cheap drinks and one of the nights we were there they had paella and sangria night - 5 euro for a massive plate of paella and two drinks of sangria. Both fantastic! I'd definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2011

LOVED this place!!!!!! the cleanest hostel we've stayed at. they have cleaner cleaning 24/7! the kitchen is big and spacious, new, and again CLEAN! there is a roof top terrace and a roof top bar and pool room. staff very helpful. cant fault this place! GREAT value for money. was probably our cheapest hostel we stayed in and was our favourite! on the main strip so close to all amenities. close to the old town. ask about the FREE walking tour. and the pub crawl is lots of fun. they take u to the best night life

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends