“Very cool”

$91.45*
Full Valencia Segway Tour
Ranked #29 of 273 things to do in Valencia
More attraction details
Owner description: Large guard towers that used to protect the ancient city.
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stumbled upon this beauty by accident. I was pleasently suprised that for only a couple of euros we were allowed to go in/on.

If the steep climb in the heat doesn't make you breathless, the view will. From the top you can see big parts of the city.

It takes little imagination to see guards standing watch and guarding this gateway to the city. Both being huge Game of Thrones-fans, my girlfriend and I couldn't help picturing great battles being fought here, although I don't have a clue if anything like that ever actually happened there.

And frankly: I don't even care :)

1  Thank Metropolician
There are newer reviews for Torres de Serranos

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Nice lil monument of Spain!

I was raging though when I asked at the main desk was there an admission fee to climb to the top! It was only 2 quid, but after I payed it, I realized that anyone could easily get to the top without paying any sort of fee, so if visiting this, you should chance your arm, and not pay :)

Lovely view from the top too! Gives a great sight over the bridge and park in front!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We didn't exactly go inside as we took a tour bus to see the surroundings (the tour is not worth it, by the way. There aren't that many attractions to see in one route so you'll do fine by bus or subway, and it's cheaper). The architecture is nice, Gothic style like many other attractions of the sort in Valencia. But it grows on you if you listen to an audio story of the towers. It will place you in that period of time and make you feel those history vibes. I bet the view from up there is gorgeous though. A nice building to see overall.

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Climb to the top, it is really worth the view. You can see all around the city. I took a picture out of one of the areas where they shot bows and arrows from. Got lots of great pictures from here and around that area.

1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This carefully restored section of city wall and gate is the best way to get up high over the city with unobstructed views in all directions. It's certainly impressive just standing under such an imposing structure, much less walking on top of it. Valencia isn't Paris or Venice from a city view standpoint, but it's worth a climb.