“Great tapas in Valencia”
Review of La Botifarra

La Botifarra
Ranked #243 of 3,692 Restaurants in Valencia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2014

It's said that it is truly difficult to eat badly in Valencia. And while this may mean that you can stick a pin in a map and still come up trumps, it does make mean that finding an exceptional eatery can prove challenging. So, in search of an above average eating experience, my wife (who is originally from Valencia) and I headed to La Botifarra on the advice of a friend. Inside we found a small restaurant on two levels. The decor is unpretentious and there is a small bistro feel to the place. But, as is typical in Spain, this is in no way an indication of the quality of the food on offer. We ordered a few tapas: a salad, one with Longanizas sausages with potatoes in honey (Longanizas rellenas de miel cocinadas con vino blanco) and one containing squid (Calamar plancha e). While I accept that it's unusual to become excited about about salad, which is usually relegated to a healthy but unexciting companion to the main meal, this was really the best salad I've ever tasted. The other dishes were a similar gastronomic delight. Crucially as well, the service was relaxed and friendly. I hope that La Botifarra succeeds - which is not a given as there is a lot of competition in Valencia and it is not on a main thoroughfare so may be overlooked - but I wish it all the best and hope I can eat there on my next visit.

1  Thank Craig M

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

La comida perfectamente elaborada con ingredientes de buena calidad y un excelente vino para acompañar. Las albondigas me recuerdan mucho a las de mi madre!asi que estaban deliciosas!!y lo curioso es que a pesar de que no frien nada con aceite todo esta riquisimo!

The food was very well elaborated with very high quality ingredients and they also have a very nice wine. The meatballs (albondigas) are incredible!!they remember me to the typical ones that my mum use to cook so i think they were amazing! And curious thing is that beside of all that they dont fry the food with oil!so is even more healthy!everything is delicious in here!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

1 of the best restaurants in El Carmen. Different, tasty and affordable with a welcoming atmosphere.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

As part of my job in University, I often take visiting researchers out to taste Spanish tapas. La Botifarra is a great place and going there is always a success. They have great, tasteful and healthy tapas. The place is big enough for this kind of dinners (sometimes we also celebrate bigger parties there) but small enough to keep it personal and informal. The owner, who I have come to know over the years, is very extrovert and friendly. He will not bother you if you intend to be on your own, but I strongly recommend you to talk to him and let him recommend you a few dishes. The price is reasonable given that the products are always fresh.

2  Thank valencianing
Reviewed August 18, 2013

About to celebrate its 10th year in business, this is delicious food in a simple setting. Every plate was outstanding. Morcilla, chorizo and longaniza w/ roquefort were highlights. The owner - Jorge - went out of his way to talk to us about each dish and his approach to cooking light, i.e., no oil is used to cook any of his delightful dishes. A "best tapas" award on the wall was very well earned. Great quality food and surprisingly low prices. A bit off the beaten path in the El Carmen neighborhood, but worth it. Go to La Botifarra.

1  Thank Blackdoghill