“Awesome!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mood Food Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 3,395 Restaurants in Valencia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place for an intimate exclusive dinner! Everything that we ordered was very special! We would love to come back for sure!

london- Tuscany
“THE BEST EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This place is the best ....!! The owners, the style and the food are amazing!!!! We had the best time in Valencia just eating at Mood food, and we where so sad to find it closed the next day on Sunday at Lunch cause I would have eaten there again and again.
Definitely the best place in Valencia!!!! Can t wait to go again..!! Cheers From Tuscany

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank maserati3200
Southlake, Texas
“It's like having a personal chef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Mood Food only has three tables and bar seating, so you might expect more interaction with the staff than usual. What I didn't expect was the personal touches provided by the chef and the staff. After personally reviewing the menu with the chef, we jointly constructed our meal. Because the restaurant is so small, we also could watch him prepare our meal. The food was great and the service was fantastic. They even gave us a "Texas-inspired" Spanish beer as a gift.

Be sure to make reservations. A restaurant this small and this popular will always be full.

It's an intimate experience and a great find.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mcchristopher1
Oslo, Norway
“The intimate quintessential culinary experience of Valencia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Being a solo traveler one of the benefits of eating at the bar is to be able to talk to the bartender. Mood Food has only three tables for two in addition to the bar seating six, so you will be able to chat with the chef and the bartender/waiter even if you are not at the bar.

The intimacy of the dining experience was really something that took the meal to a higher level.

I knew I wanted to try the pulpo (octopus) but wasn't sure what to get for a starter. I trusted the chef and he gave me the most wonderful local mussels; Clochinas con salsa Thai (meillores).

For mains I was adventurous to try the pulpo since I had sampled some most excellent such dishes in Galicia, famous for their octopus. The grilled Pulpo a la Parilla was a fresh and excellent take which I loved.

I was not too keen on dessert but opted for the Lemon pie which was very good, although perhaps not to the level of the prior two dishes.

All in all the highlight of my Valencia culinary journey so far which has included several of the top TA spots. I will for sure be back for lunch to try their take on the Valencia signature dish, the paella.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank kimblarsen
Valencia, Spain
“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had dinner once by chance and I decided to repeat that week. For us it was great to see the chef cooking in front of us. One of the nights I had tuna tartare and it the other day I had paella, something you can't avoid if you go to Valencia. Both times the food was delicious.
The chef was very pleasant all the time and I would definetely recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013