“The bistro, nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cantina de Appetite - CLOSED

La Cantina de Appetite
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Milan, Italy
“The bistro, nice surprise”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had dinner at the Bistro, because the reataurant was closed, but the atmosphere was simple and nice, with the visible kitchen and a nice illumination. Looking at the pictures the restaurant looks nicer, but we can't complain with what we have found.
The service was fast and friendly, we never waited too much for the dishes.
We have chosen a selection of dishes, to try different plates and everything was tasty.
They have found a nice mixture of Thai and spanish and the result is delicious.

• Visited June 2013

espana
“A FANTANSTIC PLACE TO BE”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

this is our first time in cantina, because we read one of the review and was so ancious to be there to see what it looks like, wooh is really a fantanstic place to be we really enjoiyed our selves , the dishes was super and so delicious, and we were properlly taken care of by the waiter, opening the door while coming in and going out . And above all the dishes was wonderful keep it up and dont loss your standard we really enjoiyed ourselves

Valencia
“Exquisite Asian cuisine and great service at an extremely reasonable price”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Having resided in Valencia during the past four years, I have dined in dozens of restaurants in this city, and the small and welcoming restaurant "Appetite", which is run with care and enthusiasm by owners Bonnie and Arantxa, is one of my favorites. However, as "Appetite" is closed on Wednesday evenings, the night my family and I had planned to dine there, we decided to try the restaurant's sister establishment, "La Cantina de Appetite," located just across the street. We were not at all disappointed.
"La Cantina de Appetite" offers a somewhat more casual dining experience than at the main restaurant, but the space is nonetheless bright, attractive and comfortable. We liked the fact that a box containing silverware and chopsticks is placed at each table, so diners can choose which implements they want to use. At the "Cantina," diners at each table select from the menu three appetizers, two main dishes and a dessert to share, all for an extremely reasonable fixed price of 22 Euros, not including beverages. Since all the dishes offered sounded so delicious, we couldn't resist supplementing our order with a third main dish, which resulted in a truly abundant meal. As always, the pan-Asian dishes Chef Bonnie prepared for us last night were superb: Large, crispy prawns, tender dumplings, flavorful sautéed noodles, spicy slow-cooked beef, etc. The dessert we selected--waffles made with pistachios and topped with coconut ice cream--was delicious. The service provided by the young wait staff was friendly, attentive and efficient. In sum, we were delighted by every aspect of our dining experience at "La Cantina de Appetite," and will certainly return. I recommend it highly.

1 Thank BrianValencia
uk
“fantastic meal”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

we had such a great meal , with the fantastic staff friendly, smiling. amazing dish the noodles, there was one they call ebi beef curry , i recommend cantina to those that like to eat asiatic food..

Chicago, Illinois
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

After reading such amazing reviews online, that had brought me to this restaurant, I was shocked to say the least. The lack of professionalism displayed by the waiters was something I hadn't ever been exposed to throughout all my travels through Europe this summer. Although the food was good the service was terrible. I'm glad to see that at least someone below me on this forum can agree, and after reading the response from the owner it really solidified how unprofessional this establishment 'La Cantina' really is.

The menu states that their "concept" is implemented on a two person ordering minimum. Although some of our group had dietary restrictions we thought that there wouldn't be an issue with ordering different dishes to the table seeing as there were more than two people ordering - as suggested by the menu. However staff were adamant about this and some of group ended up not eating some of the courses ordered because of this. The female waitress was very agitated when we voiced our concerns and was very rude thereafter.

Food arrived to our table very slowly and we could see staff talking about us to each other. NOTHING was done to ensure our group left the restaurant happy - something I thought was paramount to any service industry and a given at any restaurant.

Pricing is definitely not listed correctly on this site - or maybe the owner has changed menu prices in the last short while. The bill ran us 30 euros ($40 USD) a person with just one drink each - without the tip (which in my opinion was not deserved).

I am disappointed that on our short stay in Valencia we chose La Cantina. We were treated very poorly and ultimately overpaid for a meal that would've been enjoyed much more somewhere else.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Alaina M
Appetite V, Owner at La Cantina de Appetite, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Hello Alaina,
It is clear you and your friend Demetra are from the same group that visited us recently causing alot of distress for my entire team with your abusive and rude tone. You and your friends refused to accept our food concept or hear our suggestions which we then (and always) gave you the option to walk away, which you refused, instead you decided to split your group into 2 & 3 and sat on the largest table (designed for 6-7) we have available, and refused to move because of your dietary requirements...??? I am not sure you realise but we had two groups of 6 that came through and we had to accomodate them on smaller tables because of your party. Prices as suggested on this site is correct as it is the pricing of the meals without drinks and tip. Our six course banquete menu is priced at 22€ per person and beverages from 2€. So, for you to have paid 30€ with JUST one drink as you claimed is consistent with the whole review, incorrect and exaggerated. The waitperson that you all drove to tears happens to be very good in her job and is very much loved by all our clients for her attentive service, genuine care and beautiful smiles. I was devastated to learn that she was put through such abuse and dare I say that perhaps you targeted her because she is not of Caucasian origins as you and your friends seemed to have no problems with our other team member that was less experienced and was in fact in training that night.

These two reviews generated by you and your friends will without doubt hurt our ranking and as dissapointed as I am, I am satisfied that we have at least the opportunity to give our take on what really happened so that other users have both sides of the story.

Yours sincerely,