“Outstanding!”

Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel
Ranked #6 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed this hotel for a week and cannot stop talking about the excellent service and accommodation.
The room was big, quiet and clean and had a very comfortable bed.
The breakfast was excellent.
The staff could not have been more helpful.
The hotel is located close the main shopping area of Valencia and within easy walking distance of Santiago Calatrava's spectacular City of Arts and Sciences.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Palau_de_la_Mar, General Manager at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments regarding our services.

We are very happy that we have meet your expectations and we are looking forward to welcome you again.

Having a satisfied guest is the biggest reward we can get!

Patricia García Vizcaíno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
herts
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My american friends and husband and I visited in May 2013. Lovely hotel, great rooms and very nice staff. The location is great, we had bikes from the hotel and biked all over town. We didn't try dinner but had breakfast once (20 euro each!) and that was excellant.
Bar staff were not very knowledgable nor could they supply the drinks we wanted...
Would definately come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It is a great pleasure for me to read that you had a lovely stay with us.

We are working hard on our breakfast buffet in order to meet the expectation of our guest and it is always great to have someone to confirm that we have succeeded.

Sorry our bar employees didn't meet your expectations. We will pay more attention from now on, thank you very much for pointing this out.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again in Hospes Palau de la Mar,
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My Husband and I spent 2 nights at this Hotel we had a standard room which cost about $275 dollars a night at check in we were told we could upgrade to a deluxe suite for an additional 25 euros a night. which we did ,the room was great. The suite was big ,elegant and the bed was very comfy. The breakfast that came with the meal was fantastic, you name it and it was on the breakfast bar. Stocked very well with various breakfast delights such as Eggs cooked scrambled, fried, or boiled, small quiches, different cheeses breads meats ,cereals fruit, yogurt and yes a toaster that actually worked. Also great coffee. We are Now in Ibiza but going back to this Hotel for one night before hoping on a plane to Granada., followed by Seville. I will be writing about Ibiza next..

Room Tip: Great location, walking distance from Plaza de la Reina, where the Hop-on Hop-off tours start. We lo...
1 Thank Bornabrit
Dear Guest,

I am more than happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you very much for your comments, we appreciate your time to write a review on Tripadvisor.com .

I wish you a great time in Spain, and we are looking forward in welcoming you again!!!

Kobe, Japan
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I checked into the Palau de la Mar hoping that it was going to be a great stay. It was average at best. The location though was fantastic as it is situated adjacent to Valencia's main shopping area.
The dreamer room that I got on the 1st floor was dark and über minamalist in decor. There was a welcome gift of brownies in the room which was a nice touch however they were stale.
I didn't eat at their main restaurant but I did have breakfast. Great spread.
The best part of the hotel is converted palatial building which now houses the hotel. Some of the features like the huge wooden doors at the main entrance of the hotel are amazing.
The staff were amicable though that's as far as it goes.
Also, if the hotel had a 4 star rating I think it would justify a lot however being billed as a 5 star property, one can't help but think the rating is too ambitious.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Travel_Critic999
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you having the time to write your comments in Tripadvisor.com.

I appreciate you enjoyed our facilities, and we will consider your opinion to improve as much as possible in all other things.

Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Best regards,

Patricia Garcia Vizcaino
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Let me start by saying I got this hotel on a deal with Voyage Prive. Paid £400.00 for 3 nights accommodation B&B. Not bad for 5 star but this is not 5 star. I saw it advertised for full price at £750.00. If I had paid this I would have been extremely upset. Rooms are described as minimalistic. I would describe as not much of it and cheap. The tap in the bath was loose. One leg on the sink just "dangled". The room was cold and we couldn't adjust the temperature. After a cold nights sleep I spoke to reception and was told the rooms were set at 19 degrees for the summer and were not adjustable by the guests. We had to request extra bedclothes for the remaining nights. Breakfast was fine if a little cramped. The restaurant cannot cope with a buffet style meal as guests and staff just get in each others way. But the staff in the restaurant did try hard. Can't comment on the spa as we didn't venture there. Location is good and you can easily walk to the old town. On the whole we got what we paid for. But then that isn't a deal is it?.

Dear Guest,

I am awfully sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay in our hotel, but I assure you that your comments will help us to improve our service and quality. I am very grateful that you took time to write your feedback.

Regarding the problem with the temperature in our rooms, as soon as we found out, we started working on fixing this problem.

Please, if you ever decide to come back to Valencia, me and my colleagues are more than happy to welcome you and try to improve your opinion regarding our hotel.

Recieve my best Regards,
Islamorada, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a nice hotel well located in the city. The big plus is that they will handle the parking in a nearby public garage. The room was very clean and well appointed. They offered me a "room upgrade plus breakfast" for 50 euros (for 2) and it was worth it. The breakfast is nice and very convenient. The hotel is a pleasant walk from the old portion of the city. The big minus was that the Internet was down for the entire stay. They had one computer in a "business center" that worked, but no WiFi. The irritation was that the night staff didn't tell the oncoming day staff. When I complained, it came as a shock to the daytime staff. They made an "adjustment", but being without WiFi is not good for business travelers. Folks, we need a better backup plan for Internet access. Our room was right on the main road, but wasn't noisy. Two small things: 1. why no tissues in the room? Where do they think travelers blow their noses? 2. I wish the shower/tub had a grab bar. It was slippery. Clean, comfortable, and well located. We would use it again...after I check the WiFi. Oh, it's not the hotel's fault, but if you are driving here make sure you have good printed driving instructions. My Garmin Nuvi couldn't find this hotel even when we were parked in front of it.

Room Tip: The rooms on the main road are not particularly noisy, but our room had a decorative light positione...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are very happy that you had a pleasent stay with us and that you took your time to provide us detailed feedback, it is very valuable for us and our further improvement.

Regarding the Wi-Fi, my sincere apology. We are aware of how essential Internet is for our Business guests and we will give our best in order to prevent this kind of situation.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback and if you decide to come back to Valencia, we would be more than happy to welcome you!

Bristol
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This Hotel manages to combine cool design with a warm ambiance. Its location is ideal for a short stroll to an area with designer shops and beautiful old architecture (don't miss the El Patriarca Corpus Christi church). Rooms are extremely comfortable; you even get a 'pillow menu' for the perfect night's sleep.

We were only in Valencia for 3 nights but chose to eat in their 'Senzone' restaurant twice; mainly because night 1 was so good. The chef is superb, the food is fantastic, and the staff attentive and friendly. It is also true to say that it represents excellent value for money; nibbles, 2 mains, desserts and a beautiful bottle of wine (Emilio Moro Tempranillo) came in under €100!

The reception people were perfect; great attention to detail and willing to help with any questions/requests.

If you like 5 star treatment without all of the stuffiness usually associated with such places, Hospes is for you.

Room Tip: The aspect from the rear of the Hotel is not inspiring, but we suspect the price differential makes...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your nice comments regarding our hotel. I am so happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay in Valencia, our aim is always to make our customers feel at home.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you come back to Valencia in the future, it would be a pleasure for all our team to welcome you again in Hospes Palau de la Mar.

Warm regards,