“Delicious beautifully presented fusion food.”

Ricard Camarena Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 3,525 Restaurants in Valencia
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The menu at Ricard Camarena Restaurant (Michelin Star and three Repsol Suns) is a successful combination of taste, absolute respect for the product, an understated creative cuisine grounded in tradition with cosmopolitan and Mediterranean influences and based on seasonal produce. Ricard Camarena's cuisine is highly personal, simple in appearance yet complicated in elaboration. The chef's culinary soul shows through in developing his creativity without any superfluous elements that could get in the way of what he wishes to transmit in each one of his dishes.
Spain
“Delicious beautifully presented fusion food.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The menu does not do the food justice. It is hard to describe what is created in this amazing kitchen. Our meal was pure delight. We were given about six small appetizers which consisted of things like a quails egg stuffed with anchovy paste with a crispy shell around it. A small smooth tuna pate, some foie in crispy biscuits, a small tomato with some anchovy, a small fish-like concoction with spices. Even I cannot describe it properly!

My husband chose the Hare in three servings as his main course. The first course was a consome with black truffles and meat balls. The second was a terrine and the third was the sirloin. All perfectly cooked. My dish was a fish dish - I chose Hake - on a bed of noodles, baby calamari, rocket, herbs. The fish was so fresh. Our desserts were so light and so beautiful - they just dissolved in our mouths. My husband's was the chocolate in textures and mine was a pumpkin mouse surrounded by whipped yogurt with caramelized ginger on top.

We were happy bunnies - and there I was thinking there was nothing on the menu I was going to like! Our server - David - was charming and it was obvious it was important to him that we were happy. English, French and Spanish are spoken here. The room is beautiful in its simplicity.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank casden8

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London
“Beautifully crafted and consistent tasting menu”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were dazzled by the six course tasting menu...an autumn menu with ingredients that tasted like freshly foraged goods and painstakingly crafted combinations. We were surprised and delighted by several of the dishes despite being tasting menu veterans. The service was impeccable, but relaxed. The chef Ricard presenting several of the dishes was a very nice touch. The desserts were light and delicious. The only downside were the very strong and unflattering lights.

• Visited November 2012
brussels
“creative gastronomy served with style and relaxing simplicity”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had chosen Valencia as our yearly low budget city trip. My husband and I and another couple who likes to discover and enjoy life. Because it was my birthday as well as that of my friend, I surfed on the web looking for a good restaurant and more 'for the fun' googled michelin star restaurants in Valencia. Most of them looked very classic and had the kind of 'chique' that makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. The reviews I found on Ricard Camarena were so promising that I decided to book. We dressed up a bit for the occasion and went there with our rented bikes (which I can recommend if you visit Valencia). From the outside the place doesn't really look as a restaurant. We ringed the bell waiting for a very formal reception, but where surprised to be welcomed with so much simplicity and charm. The waiters walk around in jeans, classical blue jacket and sneakers (nextdoor shop?) but know absolutely well how to make you feel at home keeping the professionalism that you expect in such an exclusive place. The design of the place is part of the experience: stylish, simple, warm, creative (a danish touch?) We sat near the open kitchen at the impressive long wooden table, feeling just happy. Every bit of the degustation menu came as a new creative pearl. We enjoyed until the very end. Ricard came at the table several times to explain what was on our plate. We appreciated his gentle and unsophisticated way of approaching his clients. The food was delicious. It is of course more expensive than the general restaurant in Valencia but any comparison would be a mistake. Regardless your age or lifestyle, if you want a relaxing gastronomy experience, visit Ricard Camarena and you will not be disapointed. It made our whole Valencia trip an unforgettable experience. Yes, I would do it again (birtday or not).

• Visited October 2012
Vilvoorde, Belgium
“A gastronomic experience”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

First the location. This excellent chef has opened a new restaurant in Valencia this year, just outside the old city. It isn't called Arrop anymore, but just 'Ricard Camarena'. The website automatically puts you through to the right adres. When you get there, don't walk away: you have to ring the bell, it's like a ground floor appartment, beautifully decorated, with an open kitchen. The food now. Expect the unexpected, different tastes, beautifull presentations, correct service in a nice evironment. The 'big' menu costs €85, apero, 7 courses, 2 desserts, biological bread, all excellent. If you want a special gastronomical experience in Valencia, just go to Ricard Camarena.

Visited September 2012
Valencia, Spain
“Excellent experience!!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I were already familiar with Ricard Camarena's food and ambiance, and this time we found him and his team to be at their top.
His new restaurant is a very pleasant surprise, for both, food and atmosphere.
The opened kitchen, the furniture, the lights and the waiters' uniform make you feel like you are visiting some friend at their posh place, in a cozy, familiar atmosphere, instead to be in a restaurant.
We had the complete tasting menu, which consists in an aperitif, a set of amuse-bouche, 6 main courses and 2 desserts. All the dishes are simply perfection, very well chosen and harmonized and surprisingly over-sized as tasting portions. The traditional Spanish preparations are always the inspiration, the base of a sequence of brilliant intuitions and inventions, typical of Ricard Camarena’s dishes.
Being summer, the menu mostly versed on fish dishes and seasonal produces, and product’s freshness and quality was the real star, but it was incredible to notice how much research and attention was put in treating and cooking each of them in the proper way.
Also the wine that the waiter suggested us with the menu was an excellent choice, always armonizing some tastes and contrasting others, as the perfect companion of every nugget of food.
There's something about Camarena's cuisine that make me always think of him as a real artist. The amazing colors, enhanced by the neutrality and simplicity of the ambiance, the heavenly smells, the beautiful presentations and, most of all, the combination of surprising and contrasting tastes and textures that are put in the dish to play hide and seek with your senses, make me think of Kandinsky paintings and Gershwin rapsodies.

• Visited August 2012