“Hidden gem”

Restaurante El Encuentro
Ranked #35 of 3,455 Restaurants in Valencia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Make yourself at home, sit back and we will tell you the details of our kitchen, our love for the gastronomy , and the small details that make up our day.Already more than 19 years behind us. We have always maintained our core values ​​by cuisine prepared at home, craftmade, natural, and with fresh and authentic products creating each dish a unique taste , a special taste of Restaurante El Encuentro. Wellcome to Restaurante El Encuentro Valencia
London, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Whilst it isn't located in a scene square, the number of tables occupied by locals should tell you that this is the real deal. We sat outside but from what we could see of the inside, it looked to be decorated in a very traditional manner. Service was good without being overly-fussy; food was delicious and, even with a demi-bottle of cava, we couldn't believe how reasonable the bill was. Well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2014
El Encuentro V, Gerente at Restaurante El Encuentro, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Thank you very much for your visit , we hope see you soon.

Thanks

El Encuentro

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

After reading such excellent reviews online I was very disappointed with this restaurant. When we arrived we were given a tapa of potatoes in a mayonnaise with garlic slices. The gesture was nice and the dish was okay but it was not anything to recommend. To start we ordered the salad with tuna which was mediocre at best. The tuna was not fresh, the white asparagus was not in season and tasted bland, and the whole salad was swimming in olive oil and salt. For the main meal I ordered cod in a green sauce that sounded appetizing but when it came out it was not at all what I was expecting. The lack of green color in the sauce due to an overwhelming amount of oil should have been a give away that the dish would not be good. The cod itself was not fresh, had been over cooked, and then left to sit cold before being served to me. I have gotten better fish at the chain Nordsee. I notified the waiter of this and he politely reassured me that the fish was fresh (it wasn't) and that he could bring a new dish for me if I desired. I had long since lost my appetite and declined, but he brought me a flan dessert on the house I think to prove that the kitchen could create edible food. Regrettably for the kitchen I do not like flan so I took a bite and asked for the check.
In the end I was not charged for my fish or the dessert (which really was good customer service) but I still would not recommend this place to anyone.

1 Thank Solange M
“Confused”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

After high expectations (as it's rated so highly on trip advisor), we were disappointed to have such an average meal here. We wouldn't recommend it. Nothing stood out.

• Visited August 2014
Laval
“Nice find in Valencia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Great food at a reasonable price. The service was friendly and helpful and the selection of wines vast! Would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone.

London, United Kingdom
“The best meal on our holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

The service was outstanding, the food even more so and the decor was traditionally stylish, unique and comforting. Mid-way through our holiday, my girlfriend and I came here, based on the location in the centre of the old town. We weren't overly excited as we were quite tired after a long, productive day, but this place was the cherry on top!

Chose this place for its reviews and location, and arrived around 10pm. From the outside, it looked inviting, and was actually nice NOT to see someone trying to pull in passers by (we had had a bad meal on our first day at a restaurant which did this). Menu had a huge variety, but as we weren't very hungry, we were only really eyeing up the lamb chops. Walked in and were immediately greeted by a friendly waiter. Seated inside at a lovely round table. Ordered our food, along with having a short conversation about our stay. Decided to choose a bottle of red wine from the vast selection, all with prices shown. Waiter approached and we discussed which wine would be best, what we preferred and (surprisingly, but comfortingly!) our preferred budget. We chose one of the cheapest, and tried it, but the waiter suggested something a tad more expensive but with good recommendation...it was amazing!

Food came. I cannot express just how delicious the lamb chops were. Full of flavour and accompanied by amazing potato/chips. The only downside was that we couldn't get through three more plates, so good! Another waiter was also attentive, but neither one was obtrusive at any point. The other downside was it wasn't open on Sunday (we were going to make it our last meal as well!)

Desert was a triple chocolate cheesecake type thing, very nice! We opted out of coffee but one of the waiters brought two complementary shots of a very nice liquor (would love to know what it was!). Bill came to a very respectable €52 for both of us (Main meal + Bottle of very good wine + Water + Bread + Dessert).

All in all, would go here again without a second thought!

• Visited July 2014