“A hidden gem in a beautiful city”
Review of Valencia Arthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valencia
Valencia Arthouse
Ranked #3 of 73 Valencia B&B and Inns
southampton
“A hidden gem in a beautiful city”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and | stayed here for 4 nights. The location was absolutely perfect. Margarita is a fabulous host. She welcomed us like friends, she gave us local information that meant that we discovered places off the beaten track and that we were well equipped within the first hour to head off exploring. The breakfasts were amazing - regional, fresh and home made. We met some really lovely and interesting people who sat around the table with us and Margarita was always there to join in with the conversations and share her wisdom. She speaks several languages. She helped with booking restaurants and anything else that we needed. Our room was just what I had imagined. Very homely. We did not want a hotel room like every other all over the world. It was well equipped and comfortable. We had our own bathroom and access to a shared kitchen. Overall - finding and staying at Valencia Arthouse made our stay in Valencia truly truly special.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Leiden
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here with collegues during a conference and loved it. The house has several nicely decorated rooms. Some with their own bathroom, some to share. My room was rather small with two twin beds but it was fine and the beds were perfect. Ita, the host is very nice, she makes incredible breakfasts and makes sure you'll know where to go for sightseeing, shopping and food. There was a good working wifi everywhere in the building. The is free mineral water in every room and fruit and drinks availabe at any time. There was just one minor thing what could have made me feel somewhat uncomfortable if we did not occupy all the rooms with our group and that is the fact that you can only lock your room from the inside. So if you leave, the building is locked, but theoretically other guests coul enter your room. Of course chances are very low that this would happen. There was a possibility to lock up special belongings. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My fond memories of Valencia are due to a large part of my stay at Valencia Arthouse. Margarita went above and beyond to make sure that I felt at home. My room was very cozy and authentic, and it was such a treat to wake up to such a beautiful breakfast spread surrounded by new friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rooms: stayed on 2nd floor in the back. Last room has twin with facilities, two room in mid is a double and a single which has to share facilities, but be aware as may be not yours to share" just check There is a small kitchenette. All rooms are comfy and roomy except they single room
Location: perfect as we could return as when we wanted on our historical and culinary tours, so near plaza Virgin
Welcome: very homecoming and entertaining, we were shown sights and thing to do in Valencia and around
Breakfast: simply too much to eat, could spend the whole morning just eating and nattering
Hostess: such a gem
Car park: free parking 10mins walk

Room Tip: Chose the room in the front for the view of the street, but will need to share facilities, or the ro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've just spent four days in Valencia and I couldn't have found a better experience than at Valenciarthouse.It's located in a beautiful area of the historical city center, just off the main squares (Plaza de la Virgen and Plaza de la Reina), but in a quiet neighbourhood. And it's not too far from the Turia gardens. So you're just a few minutes from all the attractions in the city center (cathedral, mercado central, Lonja,...) The hostess, Margarita, is very kind and extremely helpful. She gives you the best tips about what's to see, restaurants, museums, tips. She's always there to help you. She prepares a delicious and generous breakfast, and will even adapt the breakfast if you have some healthy issues. The room was nice and quiet, well decorated, and I slept very well. And Margarita speaks French, Dutch, English, German and Spanish! Perfect B & B indeed!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I spent 4 nights at Margarita's Art House B&B in July 2013. The gorgeous apartment is full of character with interesting furniture and art on the walls. My room was very comfortable and reasonably spacious with a table, chairs, wardrobe, balcony and of course more art! Margarita made me feel at home with her friendly manner and hospitable nature which was particularly welcome as I was travelling alone. She gave me recommendations for visits, restaurants and was happy to look up information for me - we even ended up going to the open-air cinema together which was fabulous. There was a huge selection of spanish treats for breakfast - the basket of fresh doughnuts were a particular treat on my last day. I can wholeheartedly recommend this B&B to anyone, for me it was like staying with a great friend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 00Justine
Biel, Switzerland
Reviewed July 30, 2013

i know where to stay next time when i visit Valencia . ..Margarita is an lovely hostess. She shows half of the Valencia already during the breakfasts ....enjoy Margaritas hand made authentic tomato pickle right in the heart of Valencia and take the step out with her perfect day plannings .
i am totally impressed by hospitality..i am sure you will love it too..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo