“An interesting experience.”

NH Valencia Las Artes
Ranked #35 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I was assigned a room next to the lift on the 3rd floor which I refused in case of noise. Then a room on the 5th floor 2 doors from the lift which was ok and it was a very nice room except that the phone did not work and the shower head was loose which was sorted out immediately, but when the guy left I noticed the bedside lamp flashed then the reading light was dead. Never mind. I had a drink in the bar and was charged 2.50. That night I was kept awake by fire works and when I asked at reception when they were likley to stop the receptionists laughed and said they were 24 hours and all week it being a festival. She was right too. Luckily I had brought my ear plugs and intended to have a drink every night. Next day I was charged 2.60 for the same beer then 3.00. I queried this and a manager said the first two were a mistake? No big deal I thought. 15 minutes later he turned up with a complimentary beer in a wine glass and took away my old glass with beer left in it? When my friend turned up I ordered him a beer and we were back to 2.60. Never mind. Despite all this, the staff were very pleasant and helpfull and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 9, 2011

We stayed here last week, on a visit to friends. Whilst it was out of the centre, it was still near enough to get back in a taxi and leave our (fortunately, very small) car in the somewhat expensive car park. I don't know where Spanish car park designers learn their trade, but let's hope they don't export their "knowledge". Reception staff were friendly and attentive, the room was very good, very clean and very quiet, this no doubt helped by the fact we were on the 11th floor.
Whilst I read in other reviews that the breakfast is poor, I must object. For the price of 11 euros you get the most extensive breakfast possible, there was absolutely nothing one could wish for that was not in evidence. Believe me, I have had far worse and for a lot more too.
If anything needs to be said, a few let-downs were the absence of a decent bar outside Spanish eating hours and the fact that most of the breakfast buffet hot food was not exactly hot, and there seemed to be a strange inability to provide eggs and bacon at the same time.
All in all we were pleasantly surprised, especially as we were on a "deal", so were expecting the grottiest room in the corner. Not so. We would gladly go back there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patriek
Reviewed February 8, 2011

First visit to NH Hotel in Spain. Received my reservation in my native language promptly after reservation request by email.

Receptionist was not really good in English (International employee). Booked standard room which had all facilities required. I did not find an iron though.

Watch which room you get, some are next to the elevators and might be uncomfortable. Good breakfast. Did not try swimming pool or gym.

Business centre is poor. Way too small, only one desk under the staircase. Internet available (not free)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2010

If you want to see the historic area while In Valencia you must take a taxi or bus from the hotel but if you want to see Calatrava just lean out your window. The room was nice with a modern, inexpensive look. We had dinner at the hotel one night and it was fine. Breakfasts were good. Bus across the street.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I found the hotel very adequate. Staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice, very clean, size was small but to be expected at the price. The location, right next to the Ciutat de las Artes y Ciencias, is ideal-easy to get to downtown or the beach, and 1 minute walk to the Ciutat. Only things that were a bit strange were the extras. Pool and sauna were nice and free; bike rental was free (bikes weren't great, and were very small, but functioned fine). Internet was free in the lobby, but they had a strange system of using 30 minute vouchers with logins and passwords that you had to get from the reception. Half the time the logins didn't work; the whole system was very inconvenient. High rates for Internet in the rooms. In my opinion, in this day and age everybody should have free Internet everywhere, especially at a hotel like this that caters to business travelers. There were five cafes within 30 yards of the hotel entrance that had free Internet, so I can't see why anybody would pay for it there. Also, breakfast was humorously expensive, again with lots of great breakfast cafe options in the nearby neighborhood. On the whole, though, I was very happy with the hotel. Having an evening drink (no bar, but some tables where you can bring your own) on the solarium with a view of the city skyline on one side and the ciutat on the other was definitely a highlight.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This hotel was a great value and location. It is located near the Valencia Opera House and the Science Museum. The rooms are a little small but fine for one person or even a couple. I was on the eleventh floor and at each end of the hall was a terrace with lounge chairs...it was great. The old original city is just a 20 minute walk or a short taxi ride. The buffet breakfast was very good with lots of choices and great coffee. I especially enjoyed the fresh squeezed orange juice every morning.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We came for a wedding for a weekend and we had a really great time in Valencia, though no one liked the hotel that much. Service quality was poor, nobody could understand English properly so it was very difficult to ask for something from the staff (We even overheard one client who asked for a dry cleaning on Sunday and didn't get his clothes back, because one receptionist told him that dry cleaning works on Sundays, but other receptionist told him that they don't. Apparently first one didn't speak English that well).
One of our friends got dinner at the hotel restaurant, a tuna fish salad - without tuna in it. Basically, food was very bad and expensive, especially breakfast.
Internet access was... There wasn't any. We even agreed to pay 5 euros (!) for 15 minutes but computer in the lobby didn't work the whole time we were there so we always needed to go next door to use computer, which also was 5 euros for 15 minutes.
So even if price per night is about 80 euros you'll still spend at least 50 on other different stuff.
Location is good though. Museums are in walking distance, city center is 5 mins by taxi and sea is also about 5-7 mins by taxi, so if you have a map, you can actually walk there.
We stayed in the hotel for 5 nights so maybe other people won't find it that bad if they stay for less amount of time, but next time in Valencia we won't stay there.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple