“Fab little place, amazing food”
Review of Picoteo Devicio - CLOSED

Picoteo Devicio
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Fab little place, amazing food”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Juts returned from a lovley break in Valencia. lucky enough to book a table for Sat night. The resturant wasfully booked as it is most nights (dont turn up book!) The staff were great, really informative and enthusiastic about the food. We ordered a lot! we wanted to try everything. My god its good. the higlightd were the Apple and Black Sausage Corqettes and the Black cod Donuts with garlic suace and the Steak tartar. All served qucikly but well paced. We hada great night and would go back if we ever got the change. the price was very reasonalbe to. I really dont understand why other people would complain!

• Visited May 2013

“Very, very tasteful, creative and fun”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Sorry to read the previous review from 1st of May, since we had completely different experience... We loved the food and the atmosphere in this restaurant! From what I noticed, I guess the trouble arises because of their policy to sell tables only once per evening: many other guests namely left before us, several people came in to ask for a table but no one got it, eventhough several of them were long available. From this I guess it is their way of doing things... So, I'd recomend therefore: come early (before nine p.m. for dinner) or even better reserve over the phone. It is really worth it! The tapas are really creative, tasteful, unexpected. The english speaking waiter is great, trust his recomendations both concerning food as well as wine :). We were so often disapointed by 'tourist trap tapas' and this restaurant is far, far away from this... Simply loved it!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mohca
London
“Rude and unhelpful”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Myself and a friend decided to go here last night based on the good reviews below. We walked for 10 minutes in the pouring rain to get there and when we arrived the staff watched as we shook off our coats and umbrellas and as we approached them they all walked away. We waited for a while before catching one of the waiters eye and asking for a table. He just said "no", that's it, so we asked if we could wait for a table, again just "no", as it was raining heavily and we needed to figure out now where to go we asked if we could get a drink and this time we were told "no the bar is closed". There were at least 3 tables empty in the restaurant and the manner of the waiter and what we guess was the owner was very rude and unhelpful.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Jen222
Waiheke Island, New Zealand
“Creative tapas ... the reviews before me sums it up ...”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

There is an english menu now ... and even with very little english my waiter was great. I was on my own today for lunch so couldn't order more than 3 tapas. But I will be back with the family.
I am delighted I went to check it out as it sounded interesting based on TA reviewers (which is sometimes hit and miss!) My first tapas was a mistaken order but glad it was as the fried eggplant with honey and chickpea sauce was excellent. I also had the crispy noodles, eggs and a chorizo sauce and my favourite was the recommended noodles with giant prawns .... it arrived in a heavenly soupy seafood broth. I cant wait to return and try the rest!

• Visited April 2013
Plymouth
“Top notch tapas”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We had read the other trip advisor reviews and as this restaurant was close to our hotel we decided to try it and we're pleased we did. Everything we had was cooked to perfection, I can't remember everything we had, however we did have steak tartare and a lovely dish with crispy noodles, eggs and a chorizo sauce. The bill came to 55 euros and that was with a bottle of wine and two brandies. It's definitely worth a visit.

1 Thank sweetpe4