“Graet Central Place to Stay”

Sweet Hotel Continental
Ranked #35 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I spent 3 nights here when visiting Valencia for the first time. This hotel is centrally located and in a safe area. My room was nicely furnished, of a reasonable size and economical. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. There are many restaurants very close by. Plus, most of the main attractions are also not far walking distance away from this hotel. If I travel to Valencia again, I would definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Sweet Hotel Continental

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I spent a week in this hotel and I loved it! It was easy, right in the center of Valencia, the prices were good and the staff was friendly. The staff gave me tips where to find a good student flat as I had that one week to find an apartment for me. After that I lived in Valencia for six months.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2013

--GREAT LOCALE/ GREAT STAFF (esp. Alvie)/ complety bare bones hence SUPERB DEAL- and who goes for a hotel room? Great outdoor tapas places all around...safe area...stay here...
2★s for some ,
BUT5★s for me ♡♥♡♥

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Street noise is not a problem here. It's inside noise that kept me awake, even with ear plugs. Every word, every movement, and I dare say every thought in surrounding rooms is audible and almost amblified. I am accustomed to some muffled noises from the wall and loud noises from the hallway. That would rate average for me. But this hotel has put no effort into sound isolation between rooms.

Rooms are typically cramped and have typically uncomfortable beds which I associate with a budget hotel. In this sense, it was average.

No wifi in the room. Minimal breakfast. Staff was professional/friendly but aloof.

Location is good, walking distance from the train stations and the park and metro.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jeff E
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 4 nights during the first week of April 2013. I was a bit concerned over some of the more recent reviews I read on here before going, however I found that the hotel was extremely good value for money, especially as it's only a 2 star hotel. I think it depends what you expect/ want from this hotel - if you want a cheap, clean and central hotel then I would recommend this as a place to stay - it cost approx 200 pounds for 2 people for 4 nights including breakfast.

Location - very central, a few minutes walk from the Colón metro station, which is a main station and has lines directly to the airport (about 25 mins approx) and lines to some of the big tourist attractions e.g. Bioparc, the beach and the City of Arts and Sciences. It has surrounding shops, restaurants, cafes, tourist info and a supermarket close by. The cathedral and stop for the bus tour are in walking distance.

Room - Very clean room overlooking the street in front, ensuite bathroom (which did have a door - a review I read on here said their room didn't...), TV and a maid came in daily to clean and provided fresh towels.

Breakfast - selection of tea, coffee, orange juice, toast and croissants - for the small amount of money paid the breakfast was pretty good. There was no limit on how much you could have.

The staff were very friendly and spoke English. They recommended good places to eat and could help with questions I had about various attractions. They also allowed us to store our luggage for a few hours after we checked out so we didn't have to carry it around with us all day before our flight home.

There is free WIFI in the breakfast and reception area.

Overall, if you want a cheap, friendly, clean and central hotel - stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charlotte B
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Yes this is only a 2 star hotel, but the location is excellent and very central. For the price, it would be hard to beat it. I had a room on the fourth floor overlooking Calle Correos and it was quiet over the Easter weekend. You can hear conversation/TV from neighbouring rooms, but I never travel without earplugs as I am a light sleeper so this didn't bother me. The reception staff are very helpful and professional. Breakfast is nothing to write home about - coffee, orange juice, various teas and infusions plus small croissants, a selection of breads with butter and jam, but for 1.50EUR I could not complain. There is free wifi in reception only - also works in the breakfast room on the mezzanine floor so handy for checking emails and catching up on the news over breakfast.

I would recommend the place - especially if you are on a budget and don't need/want lots of hotel facilities. It is an easy five minute walk from the Xativa metro station (on the line to the airport) and the Estacion del Norte.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have just returned from a 1 night stay for the Fallas.
The location was perfect, a stones throw from the main events in the Plaza Ayuntamiento. We had a room at the back which was great as we could sleep despite the noise in the streets all night!
The room was clean and comfortable, smallish but at that price with that location you really couldn't expect more. Receptionists were both helpful and friendly. Breakfast better than expected...plenty of choice, and again at the price it was very good.
Would recommend for a 1 or 2 night break in Valencia and would use it again if we return.

Room Tip: Front Rooms would have a nice view but the ones at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple