“1 night, no more”

Ranked #33 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Barcelona, Spain
“1 night, no more”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I can only agree with the previos review: 1 night is ok, more I couldn't take it
Extremely simple hotel with excellent location. Rooms are tiny and toilets do not have door....
You can always come to this hotel if you are goona spend most of the time outside, visiting the city. Otherwise, forget about it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Goes, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I've just stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, and I have to say that I'm dissapointed. I've chosen for Continental because of positive reviews only, but I can't say that I agree to some of them. The hotel is on perfect location, in the hart of the city, very close to the post office and next street to the place where I had some business to do. I had s ingle room nr. 109 which, just like 106 faces the backyard where stinks terrible beacuse of the restaurants' kitchens below. I couldn't open the window and there was no airconditioning which you can set up yourselfe.
The bed was on little weels, spiderweb in the corner above the window. Water was flowing extremly slowly in thw shower. Only one electricity box to charge a phone - in bathroom! The room was cleaned on daily basis and it was ok. Staff is very helpful. I could choose between 2 available single rooms, but both were facing backyard with stinky air outside. A bathroom in 106 was better, but I've chosen the other room beacuse of the noise next door. The price is really good considering location, paid 35eur/night. 4 nights were too long for such a poor conditions, but I did save some money.

• Stayed January 2013
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Spent 2 nights here while visiting Valencia for a La Liga match. Great location close to main town square, adequate no-frills room, small bathroom & shower. Interesting small elevator. Reception staff are helpful. Supermercado down road and el Corte Ingles department store close as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Highly recommend our stay here. Very friendly and informative staff. Great location.reasonable price. Clean room good shower. Ask for a front street room.mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Words can not express my sincere happiness in our stay here

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Don P
Mazarron, Spain
Reviewed October 26, 2012

In an excellant position only five minute walk from the main railway station and a couple of minutes from one of the main plazas. Most sites within walking distance from the hotel and lots of restaurants/bars aswell.
Staff were very good. Rooms o.k. but a bit of paint would help. Bathroom small.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the street. Ours was at the back with no view from the window.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My partner & I stayed at the Continental 28th of July to the 4th of August.
To say this is a budget hotel, you wouldn't know it. We had a twin room on the second floor, which was very comfortable, clean & quite roomy. The bathroom was a little compact but the shower and wash facilities were all up to what you would expect from a higher rated establishment.The location was perfect, right in the heart of the city close to metro stations, which I may add is by far the best way to get around, even to and from the airport. The hotel is also located close to one of the main shopping areas, this pleased my other half immensly. The staff were all fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble wether at breakfast or last thing at night. We would recommend a stay at the hotel. Yes its a budget hotel but for its location alone the room rate is worth it. We will visit this lovely city again at some point & will have no hesitation using The Continental. Well done to all the staff for making our stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tim R
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed at The Continental 22nd-25th June for the Grand Prix weekend. We had a room on the 4th floor and it was very clean and the bathroom was good with good power shower. The problems we occurred were the tv didn't work but we weren't really in the room for long enough to watch it. The other thing was the air conditioning- it was on for most of the time and couldn't be turned off by individual rooms due to it being centralised, we found it VERY cold in the room especially during the night.

The location was very central just adjacent to the town hall square, very nice area although choice of places to eat wasn't great. The breakfast in the hotel was ok, the first morning we were given croissants and there were choice of cereal, fruit and toast. The 2nd and 3rd mornings however they must've been running low on stock because we weren't given croissants and had to make do with one knife to share between us. The reception staff were friendly and helpful.

All in all I'd come here again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2012