Ad Hoc Monumental Hotel
$295
$271
Official website
  • Restaurant
Hotel Malcom and Barret(Valencia)(Great Value!)
$55
$330
  • Pool
Ilunion Valencia 4(Valencia)(Great Value!)
$108
$93
$64
$122
Travelocity
All reviewsantique furnitureold townairport busgood sizetop floorquiet streetcomplimentary bottlehour receptionlovely hotelside streetspanish hotelturia river bedair conmain sitesroad noisesmall hotelvalencia cathedral
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a standard room on the first floor which was lovely ,old/meets new in style with exposed brick wall and traditional shutters. It is in a very convient spot though quiet, for easy sightseeing and all the reception staff were very helpfull at all times. We didn't have breakfast or meals but there are lots of choice near by and there are tea making facilities in the room though no breakfast tea!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Ad hoc is a warm and friendly hotel just inside historic centre. Our room was a large superior room on 5th floor with balcony. I read reviews saying book on upper floors and rang hotel to find availability. ( It is impossible to book specific rooms through intermediary booking agencies)The room was lovely and bi5g with comfortable bed and decent bathroom and large balcony.
Only criticisms of room : no fridge and towels were a little worn. We had breakfast there on 2 of our 3 mornings. Delicious orange juice but otherwise v average.
Staff are v friendly and kind.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 5, 2013

It was the second time that I stayed in this hotel and I really liked it again!
We got a really nice room with small balcony looking out over the street and the facilities are very nice.
The breakfast is almost perfect, I really like the small restaurant in which it is served. The only thing I didn't like is the quality of their pastries and breads.
The location is awesome, in this smaller streets near Plaza de la Virgen. And the best thing is the staff, the friendliness. My friend had an accident in our room and needed to go to the hospital and the receptionist helped us amazingly well with everything. They offered us ice to cool during the whole night, they gave us some extra food for in the room and made several phonecalls for us. Without charging us for it of course! And they asked us all the time how we were, if my friend was getting better and so on. This kind of hospitality you can certainly not find in bigger hotels, and I guess that is why I really like this smaller, cosy and relaxed charming hotel.
Truly recommandable for your citytrip in Valencia!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie R
Reviewed March 29, 2013

From the beginning.

Reception staff were very friendly, patient and very helpful. Their advice was invaluable and helped make our stay in Valencia a more pleasant one. The hotel is close to where most of the late night fireworks are set off during Las Fallas and not having to walk too far getting there and back late at night is a real bonus. Valencia is a vibrant, exciting small city during Las Fallas and we are definitely going back next year but not to this hotel.

We stayed 8 days. Room appeared clean and the bed was firm and very comfortable. By London, Amsterdam, or Paris standards this was a good-sized room. The bathroom is a bit of a disaster (see below). There are two rooms with a balcony and we had one of those. Our stay was during the Las Fallas festival and we paid € 171 ($220 U.S. or Canadian Dollars) plus a €20 ($25 U.S.or Canadian Dollars) surcharge for the balcony or €191 per night (app. 240 U.S. or Canadian Dollars). To us, it didn't seem like particularly good value for money but we didn't want the bother of moving and everything in Valencia is booked at this time anyway. The room was comfortable just over-priced. It seemed every night when we returned to the room we had to go down to the front desk to get something; soap, shower gel, water, for example

Breakfast is included with the room rate, or you can get a 15% reduction in the room rate if you don't take breakfast. Stand alone price of breakfast is € 12 . On the first day we decided to have breakfast. There was all the usual stuff; cheese, bread, cereals, good coffee made on request, pastries and so on but I am allergic to and cannot eat much wheat flour before I get cramping and nauseous.
The "hot" breakfast options were a really disappointing. There were cold hard-boiled eggs and on this morning embarrassingly small wedges of an omelet about 80 cm (3 inches) long and about 15cm (1/2 inch) thick and a few pieces of bacon.These were In a chaffing pan but there was no flame under it, so those were cold too. On subsequent mornings we realized this was the norm; there was no attempt to keep things warm, let alone hot. A few days later we decided to try the restaurant for breakfast again; same story. Our server that day was one of the pleasant people who also worked reception. I asked if I could have some fried eggs and she brought some to our table minutes later. It made me feel the €12 was sort of, we'll...almost worth it. The day before we left we again decided to have breakfast. The server was a blond girl we'd not seen before. I don't know if she was new or what; there was orange juice but no glasses; then glasses but no orange juice. There was no omelette, bacon or anything and when we asked for a coffee, she started clearing tables. After a while I asked in Spanish if I might get some eggs. At first she said she didn't understand and then switched to "no". I sat while my wife had some toast and jam and pastries etc. About 15 minutes later one of the nice people from the front desk came and asked what I wanted. She went to the blond server who literally rolled her eyes and at one point actually stomped her feet! The eggs did arrive. They were floating in olive oil, which in this part of the world is not out of the ordinary and my wife poured a lot of the oil off but the whites were positively slimy and not even close to cooked. After all that, I had to leave them on the table. I asked for another coffee to take to the room, which we did every time and like I said above the coffee was good but not this one. When I got back to the room and tasted it; it was 90% milk, cold and tasteless. I couldn't take it any more. I took the coffee to the front desk and asked them what they thought of it; they said it looked like milk to them. The girl at the front desk apologized and asked if I wanted some eggs and I said yes, I'd really love and appreciate that, so waited for a few minutes and the eggs arrived; these were not cooked either. Now I was embarrassed! I picked through the eggs and ate what was more or less cooked and left. The restaurant is open at night as well but we didn't dare to try it from day one. I cannot recommend the restaurant, at all.

We reserved this room 6 months in advance and asked for their best room. On the last day the door to the other room with balcony was left open, so we had a look. This room was newer, fresher and had black out curtains; something we would have GREATLY appreciated: our room did not. The bathroom was newer with a better use of space and a modern shower, whereas our room had a telephone-booth size shower where it was so cramped there was no way to avoid pushing against the water control lever that resulted in scalding hot water AND getting in and out you had to step over a marble step onto a marble floor crowded by the marble counter top; an accident waiting to happen and very hard to negotiate. The other room was occupied by various people over the length of our stay and I would have thought, given we were staying longer-term, they'd have given us that room...we were very unhappy to see this last bit.

My wife is a bookkeeper but neither of us could justify the invoice and have no idea wether we were charged the right amount or not. So again; we are definitely going to Las Fallas again next year but not to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
pballesteros, Directora at Ad Hoc Monumental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us. Whilst I'm pleased to note that we fully met your expectations in terms of location, service provided by our staff in reception and you enjoyed the Fallas festival,I am very sorry to read you had problems for breakfast,the server is not working anymore with us , we work to offer the best service and your comments help us to improve quality and service.
We hope you can give us a new opportunity in your next visit to Valencia
Thank you again and best regards.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Helpful reception staff. Comfy quiet room. Good beds. Spacious stylish well appointed room and bathroom. We didn't have breakfast (12 euros) but there are plenty of good places nearby for breakfast. Fantastic location.
Just a point - small sign in the bathroom saying please hang towels on the towel rail if you don't want them changed, but no towel rail! (The only flaw, and a minor one.)
Good value out of season.

Room Tip: Go out of season.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple