“My fav”

Hotel Sorolla Centro
Ranked #2 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed October 5, 2013

If you are searching for place to stay just go to sorolla, it's a great hotel with a nice location,nice and kind staff .the swimming pool is just fantastic.... we spent a good time with you
See you next time maybe..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MOONGENEV S
José Luis M, Director General at Hotel Sorolla Centro, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Sir,
Please note that your comment made at Hotel Sorolla Centro*** Valencia, once read, we’ve understand that there has been any confusion by you as you indicate that the pool was great, unfortunately there isn’t a pool at our Hotel. Thanks for sharing your experience through TripAdvisor, even if it wasn’t at our Hotel.
Hope to see you soon again in Valencia.
Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,375)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

An excelent hotel in Valencia, it is located at the center of the city, it is very clean and the room very confortable. The staff was very helpful and nice, I includded breakfast and it was excelent. I realy recomend this hotel to stay in Valencia and if you want to eat a good Paella Velenciana go to Navarro's restaurant located pretty close to the hotal.

Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank jorgenonell
José Luis M, Director General at Hotel Sorolla Centro, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear guests,
We are glad to know you enjoyed the days you spent with us. As you point, the hotel is located at the most commercial pedestrian street, 100 meters far from Plaza de Ayuntamiento, perfect location to visit on foot all the highlights of the historical centre and perfectly communicated with Bus and Metro with any point of the city, including the Airport.
We are also glad to know you liked our Breakfast Buffet. As you could check, we offer a great variety of products, wide selection of juices, fresh fruit, sweets and savory, all fresh and high quality.
About the cleaning just tell you our Housekeeping team, headed by our Head Housekeeper, take care diary of the cleanliness of the hotel, in and out the rooms.
I would not like to say goodbye without expressing all the gratitude, not only mine but from all the staff because, with their professionalism, they are who make and achieve guests like you leave the hotel with good memories of their stay.
Thank you for sharing your experience with future guests and RECOMMEND Hotel Sorolla Centro through Tripadvisor, we are sure your comments will be helpful.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

When I choose a hotel, I checked a guide book and decided this hotel, because it's location is just in front of Estacion de Nord. I asked Diners Club to reserve this hotel. I arrived at Estacion de Joaquin Sorolla from Barcelona and walked to the hotel. At the reception, I showed a voucher in Spanish I got from Diners Club, a female staff said "It's not a voucher" and asked me so many questions, for instance, "What is JTB?", "Is this an e-mail from you?", "How do you pay?" so so.
I answered one by one, for instance, JTB is Japan Travel Bureau, the biggest travel agency in Japan. I just contacted Diners Club and They requested JTB to reserve your hotel. She showed me the e-mail sent three weeks ago and I found the sender was [yukiko.. @ JTB...] . It's a woman's name and all information such as payment conditions, telephone and Fax No. in Madrid and so on were written on it. Even if she had any questions, she had enough time to correspond with the e-mail sender to solve her questions. I told her "You should ask e-mail sender before I come, and don't ask me". She said "I didn't ask you"/ "Can't I ask you?". She repeated the same thing. She was almost crazy.
While we were arguing, two guests came back and one of them said "Can I help you?"
It lasted almost one hour and finished by her word "I'll hear your advice". I was so tired.
when I came in a room, the room was small and a bath tub was not furnished. The window was small and didn't face to outside.
On the next day, a male staff was at the reception, he was excellent and I finished check out in a few minutes. He also told me that there's a free shuttle bus between two stations and I took a bus to Joaquin Sorolla station. If he was at the reception at last night, there would not be any questions.

Room Tip: If there's a room with wide space, bath tub and window faced to outside?
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Tadahiro H
José Luis M, Director General at Hotel Sorolla Centro, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Customer,
Surprised, all the Staff of the Hotel was very surprised when we read your comment, if something differentiates the Hotel Sorolla Centro from other hotels in the city, is the excellent care that our Staff always gives to all our guests (you can read it yourself on our 400 comments made by all our guests on TripAdvisor). We won’t get to discuss what you indicate, this is not our style. I can only say that maybe you were at the wrong Hotel, I remind you that the customer always has the reason until it stops to have it and you lost it because, our receptionist attended you at the check in time with education and respect, for that reason if you plan to return again to Valencia I personally thank you if you make a reservation in any other Hotel of the city that wants to endure your rudeness.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The hotel is very well situated in the heart of the city Of Valencia, near to all the sights and main bus and metro routes, bars and restaurants are all around the hotel, however it can be a bit noisy at night, but hey you want lively this is the place for it.
The staff are friendly, the hotel is clean and modern.

Room Tip: 6th floor the rooms seemed to be larger
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ellecram1950
José Luis M, Director General at Hotel Sorolla Centro, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear guests,
We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us. As you point, the hotel is located at the most commercial pedestrian street, perfect location to visit on foot all the highlights of the city and perfectly communicated with Bus and Metro with any point of the city, including the airport.
As you could check our rooms are modern and they have a current decoration, totally equipped (including Free Wifi) and in perfect state. Answering your comment, and clarifying for future guests, we inform you the hotel has got very quiet rooms at the back, if you would Iike this kind of room you can request it at the moment of the reservation.
I would not like to say goodbye without expressing all the gratitude, not only mine but from all the staff, because with their professionalism, they are who make and achieve that guests like you leave the hotel with good memories of their stay.
Thank you for trusting us and for sharing your experience through Tripadvisor with future guests, we are sure your comments will be helpful.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is an easy 5 minute walk from the train station and right in the middle of everything on the southern edge of old town. The front desk staff is fantastic. They gave us a few tips on restaurants that turned out fantastic. Also, gave us bus advice to get to the places we didn't want to walk to (city of arts&sciences and La Malvorosa). The rooms are clean, comfortable, spacious, and surprisingly quiet even though you are on a major tourist street with many people below. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Valencia and this hotel. For the money and location I truly feel you cannot do better this this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Troy T

Dear guests,
As you point, the rooms are modern with a current decoration, totally equipped (including Free Wifi) and perfectly state of maintenance and cleanliness.
Thank you for trusting us and sharing your experience with future guests through Tripadvisor, we are sure your comments will be helpful.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, good room and friendly service. Plane left at 9pm, only option was to pay an extra 30 euro's for late check-out if I wanted to use the room longer. Staff was kind enough to keep the suitcases behind the desk.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank RO_0T

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed here for our Tomatina trip, and turned out to be such a beautiful experience. I suggested this hotel by looking at reviews of tripadvsior users, and all my friends ended up thanking me for finding this property :)

From Valencia airport, there's a train that stops directly to the nearby station called Xàtiva. The hotel is surrounded by numerous tapas restaurants, Subway, and this cute cafe that we ended up dining every morning. The hotel is very modern, and the frontdesk staff is very helpful with directions and all other assistants. We booked a triple, and the room size was very nice and comfortable! You can walk to all nearby tourists area, and also a bus station that takes you directly to the famous science museum. Also, 2 minute walk from hotel is a big trainstation, where u can take Renfe trains to go to Barcelona, Madrid, etc.

Lastly, thanks to tripadvisor promo, we got a free wine with a very touching message card!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank wavemermaid
José Luis M, Director General at Hotel Sorolla Centro, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear guests,
We are glad to know the commentaries made for other guests in Tripadvisor helped you to choose and to book with us and we are gladder to know you enjoyed your stay with us.
As you could check, the hotel is located at the most commercial pedestrian street, 100 meters far from Plaza del Ayuntamiento, perfect location to visit on foot all the highlights of the historical center and perfectly communicated with Bus and Metro with any point of the city, airport included.
As you point the rooms are modern with current decoration and fully equipped (including Free Wifi) and, the most important thing, perfectly maintained.
I would not like to say goodbye without expressing all the gratitude, not only mine, but from all the staff, because with their professionalism, they are who make and achieve guests like you leave the hotel with good memories of their stay.
We remind you that if you book directly on our Official Website will always find out the BEST RATE AVAILABLE and you will get a FREE bottle of wine.
Thank you for choosing our hotel, trusting us and sharing your experience through Tripadvisor with future guests, we are sure your comments will be helpful.
Yours sincerely