“Air con can be an issue”

Hotel Alameda Plaza
Ranked #75 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a really nice hotel but the air con can be an issue. I stayed in this hotel in February and the air con was switched off! I was very hot and spent the nights hanging out of the window to try and cool down (reception seemed to think I was crazy wanting the room cooled down) . On my may visit to the hotel the air con was broken the first night but repaired after that.

The hotel has a good breakfast and nice bar (try the bar attached round the corner - great white wine).

Overall a nice hotel, very clean but air con must be looked at.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnVlc, Revenue Manager at Hotel Alameda Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Katie,

Thank you for your stay with us and your review.

We are sorry that you had problems in your room with the air conditioned , we do make a preventive maintenance, however there are technical problems that may occur and we work hard to solve them immediatly.

I hope you give as a second chance to get your 5* review :)

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was only the second time I have ever spent any time in Valencia and history managed to repeat itself we got lost!!!! After a week in Spain and limited number flights back to the UK, winter schedules to blame I believe, it was easier for us to fly in and out of Valencia. It did provide an opportunity to catch up with an old colleague.

The hotel is located close to a main roundabout linking to major roads around the city. It was 12 years since my last visit and the traffic has not improved. We missed the entrance to the car park. There are 3 tall buildings located close to together, the car park was not too cleverly signed. Once in the car park it was tight we had a large hire car, an A4, there was very little space to manoeuvre.

Check in was easy, the room was clean and comfortable I had a restful nights sleep. apart from the half an hour before I went for dinner and a similar amount of time in the morning, room usage was limited to sleeping. I only spent a Friday evening in the hotel. At weekends, no breakfast before 8 o'clock!!!!

The lost theme also continued on the return journey to the airport, nearly missed the flight!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mobile_mackem
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Alameda Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear mobile_mackem,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is pleasing to know that you had a smooth check in and the room you were given was comfortable for your needs. I regret that the unavailability of breakfast before your departure affected your visit.

Despite this, I hope we get the opportunity of hosting you again soon!

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights here on a short break on a bed and breakfast basis and had a"king room" with two double beds on the 4th floor.
The rooms are clean and spacious with air conditioning which we needed as temperatures were around 30 degrees centigrade during our stay.
The hotel is very close to the city of arts and culture with excellent transport links into the historic old town via public transport (bus stop directly outside hotel) which takes about 10 minutes.
There is an excellent choice at breakfast from either a cold buffet or traditional hot food.
We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and would recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to spend a few days in Valencia either on business or vacation.

Room Tip: Request a room on an upper floor away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul F
Reviewed June 14, 2013

As priority club members we were upgraded on arrival, as were our friends who are not members. Rooms were large, airy and a pleasure to stay in for two nights. The hotel also did a deal on breakfasts and we were glad we took the deal as it reduced the price and provided good food at a reasonable price. Parking is provided und the hotel at a fairly hefty price, but worth while using.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I wrote bad last time cause it was not worth money. March I did test id. I wondered. All was so good. I god an upgrade in a Suite. Hotelbar was still lazy but I got my drink and food. I think it really depends who works at reception and this way service will be. to walk in center of Valencia it takes about 10 - 15 mins. As angry I was before about this Hotel, I come again. Thank you. Windows are not soundproofed and noise near elevator is alot.

Room Tip: Dont take a room near elevator
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Holiday Inn Valencia for a business trip. The hotel in overall good; room is fairly spacious and clean. The bathroom is also good with very little toiletries. Service and stuff is ok. Breakfast is average. Near the city of art and science but far from city center plus no nearby dining or store except a super market around 300 hundred meter from the hotel. Internet is ok but disconnected a lot. My main negative point about the hotel is its location in which I’m saying it is far from everything except the city of art and science. Enjoy your stay in great Valencia please.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dr_Almussa
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and i stayed here for a week in March to attend the Fallas festivities which are held every year from the 15th to the 19th of March;The hotel is very well situated for walking.A five to ten minute walk to the center of the city.Our room was spacious with 2 double beds,fridge TV,Internet connection.Very quiet.Our accomodations included a buffet breakfast which was spectacular..The reception staff could'nt be nicer.Very polite and helpful.Would not hesitate to stay here again if the opportunity presents itself again.

Room Tip: I think where the hotel is situated you would have a good view of most of the city.The only differen...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple