We used to stay here every year when we visited Valencia during the first 2 days of our summer holiday but August 2012 will be the last time. The staff are very nice and helpful however the issues last summer negated any good feelings they always instilled in us.
Major problem this year was the room we were given when we arrived at 01:00 on 15th August (after a long drive from Madrid with 2 young children) had a major leak from the bathroom and absolutely REAKED of damp. HOW THE CLEANERS DID NOT NOTICE THIS SMELL I DO NOT KNOW. However due to the lateness of arrival we stuck it out for the night. The next day we requested a move but the hotel had no family rooms left so we (2 adults & 2 children) had to make do with a double room with a sofa bed.
We received a 20% reduction on the bill however the rate the checkout girl used to apply the reduction was HIGHER than what we had booked via the hotel website so the reduction was only really 10%. I meant to chase up on this but after the holiday I let it go. My lack of goodwill for the hotel and this poor review is much more costly than the €10 less I received.
The old problems still persist:
- Breakfast quality average / never enough breakfast staff or plates or cups or on occasions food
- Two small slowwwwwww lifts to cater for all the guests hence at busy times you can wait for 10 to 15 minutes to go from a high floor to ground.
- Some family rooms not quite wide/large enough for families and as we always arrive around midnight (after our Madrid drive) we tend to get what others have rejected.
- Some of the room towels have as much softness and drying capacity as sandpaper. Always have to go to the housekeeping trolley and choose better ones.
- Checkout can take a while at busy times as the reception desk is small
Next year we have booked 2 nights at the BARCELLO VALENCIA which has better reviews and a more modern feel to cater for the number of guests staying.
We will actually miss not staying at the holiday inn - the staff are VERY NICE & helpful - BUT ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH LAST AUGUST.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is a modern 4* Hotel situated besides the City of Arts and Science. With good access to the city center and the beach.You can enjoy of our high speed wifi, have a nice meal at our restaurant or have a drink in the evening in our terrace.We have a wide variety of rooms including family rooms for a maximum of 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.For business travelers, we can offer our executive floor, with more space for working confortable in your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Alameda Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Valencia Hotel Valencia
- Valencia Holiday Inn