1,133 results
All reviews the holiday inn old town walking distance business trip tourist bus clean hotel euros spain minibar
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have been to this property (because of convenience to the business meetings) for the last 4 years. I made the decision I will not be back.

The ownership has done absolutely nothing (slow internet, slow elevators, old carpeting, skeleton crew even if the hotel is fully booked to improve and/or to upkeep the property). Granted, it is a Holiday Inn but the price charged is of a 4 star. Therefore, the service should be commensurate with the price charged. I feel as if I am in a do it yourself place; which by the way I don't mind as long as the price is for a do it yourself hotel.

It appears they are now catering to large groups of Asian travelers; the use a big portion of the hotel and that is great for the hotel, unfortunately the elevators are tiny and slow making it difficult when you have 50-60 patrons leaving the hotel at the same time.

The restaurant.- quality of the food is poor. What really enervates me is that the have 1-2 persons catering to 1 or 100 customers; they ran out of food obviously because the consumption is faster than the people replacing it. Does the owner ever comes to the property during breakfast? The personnel cannot clean the tables fast enough to have other patrons use them, cannot refill the beverages nor the food. If you don't get there early and if the hotel is booked, you will see empty serving platters, like a hurricane hit the restaurant.

I have been doing reviews for a while; in general I try to be on the positive side but not in this case.

Valencia is a beautiful city, try booking a more comfortable place unless you can get the per night rate for about 30 euros...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CandyManMia
HOLIDAYINNV, Director General at Hotel Alameda Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

First of all thank you very much for your feedback. I am the director and usually arrived at the hotel at 7:30 am. I can assure you of normal breakfast no problems except the days that customers suddenly down to the restaurant which makes it not possible to meet all at once. Hence we have indicated in the elevators and reception schedules largest occupation in breakfast for the customer to choose a time where there will be less staff. I really am sorry your feeling, is also grateful to the further review staffing schedules.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the holiday inn for a week to visit the city and more importantly the Moto GP 2012.
It is well situated approximately 25 min walk from the centre of the old town and 5 min from the City of Arts. Easy access to local buses every 10mins, and the tourist bus every 30mins.
The hotel reception are friendly and speak good english, they were helpfull with directions and free maps are available at the desk.
We stayed room only, but were offered an option on arrival for breakfast everyday for just under 10 euros per person per day, which we didn't take, it is usually 14.40 euros per person.
We instead found a cafe within 2mins walk where breakfast was approx 4 euros each.
We had lunch at the holiday inn once, edible but not great - hamburger, fries, side salad and coke 10 euros. Drinks at the bar are expensive 4.64 euros for local pint (500ml) beer.
Kettle, teas and coffee in room but only 2 small milk portions ask at reception and you'll get another 2.
Safe in room, tested this by locking and attempt to over ride, it locked up and reception sent someone up immediately to reset. always worth testing if the safes don't have the 0000,1234 or simular over ride numbers.
Fridge in room is not very cold.

Room Tip: Twin rooms are large single beds, double are super king size but smaller room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear richiedavies

Thank you very much for your review. We take note around your feedback.

Best Regards

Juan Carlos Sanjuan

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great hotel good location, Staff very helpful, Our room was clean and comfortable, Cannot comment on the food as we ate out,Had a drink at the bar and was very nice,We used taxi rather than driving parking a problem in Valencia.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
HOLIDAYINNV, Director General at Hotel Alameda Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear teejay11

Reviewed November 15, 2012

On arrival we were advised we could have a double room but with two single beds or a double smoking room with double bed athough it may not have been used by smokers even although we had booked a double non smoking room months previously. For a four star hotel we did not expect to find small holes in the bottom bed sheet and a larger hole in bottom pillowcase. Staff were very friendly and apart from this we had a pleasant stay. Desk manager was very helpful in arranging transport to the Moto GP race track for us for which we very very grateful. l

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear rebecca f

Thank you very much for your review. Now we must speak with the Laundry to know what's happend with the bedding

Juan Carlos Sanjuan

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Having stayed here the last time we were in Valencia in 2008 and being very pleased with our stay - we returned for a one night stay driving through Valencia. The hotel is located in a nice area by the park surrounding the city and within easy strolling distance of many attractions. A short taxi ride to the old town - or a longer stroll will get you downtown.

The hotel has the pool on the roof - which our daughter and we enjoyed during our last visit. Surprise surprise - its still there, but now there is no one manning the bar (you can get it sent up via room service) which was a little disappointing as a cup of coffee gets rather lukewarm after a long elevator ride, the fitness room adjoining the pool areas seems a little run down, the water dispenser is filled "now and then", etc. You get the picture Im sure.

The rooms were large and clean - with the exception that I couldn’t seem to close the window. This until I noticed the cigarette butte stuck in the frame. Once removed by me (not the cleaning lady) the window could close properly.

The hotel is still good - still a great breakfast - and ok service. Not as good as it was 6 years ago. But would I return? Yes - I would most likely.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for your feedback. The pool area is closed in winter weather reasons. I regret that in the window had butts. I talked to the housekeeper about what happened so that it does not recur.

I hope see uou soon