“Friendly staff, good variety of food options”
Review of Trattoria Da Ugo - CLOSED

Trattoria Da Ugo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, good variety of food options”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I'd read reviews on this restaurant before we visited so expected a warm welcome and was not disappointed. My fiance really enjoyed his spaghetti curry but unfortunately the main I chose didn't work for me. It was a lemon and mint tagliatelle and it was too bitter for me to enjoy. The owner seemed genuinely disappointed that I didn't enjoy my main and asked for feedback. After out main meal we enjoyed a shot of Limoncello which was delicious. The house wine I had was light and refreshing. Really enjoyed on the whole.

Visited July 2013

Valencia, Spain
“Let Hugo order for you. Delicious food and a great value.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is an excellent trattoria. I've visited for three meals over the last five days and find myself still wanting more of Hugo's cooking. The place is not fancy and sometimes I'm the first customer there...I eat earlier than the rest of Valencia, perhaps...now I just ask Hugo to cook whatever he wants and it is delicious. Hugo is a kind man and an exquisite chef. Great food at a great price!

• Visited July 2013
Thimphu
“Our waiter made all the difference.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We had the seafood paella here which was excellent. The said it would be enough for 2 people but it was just enough for the 3 of us. Our waiter Leo from Equador was such a pleasant and attentive guy that it made our meal there very enjoyable.

Finland
“Exellent service - but ranking is too high”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had high expectations for this restaurant because of high valuations here in Tripadvisor. The service was extremely kind and helpful, but still because of some language problems we didn't get what we expected to have. But what so ever the food we got was very basic that you can have in any Italian restaurant - not any positive or negative surprises. So the missunderstanding in ordering does not effect in valuation.

All in all the food was just avarage and the service tried to be exellent (even it failed for language reasons). The price level is reasonable, but could not be any higher with these outputs.

• Visited November 2012
Derby, United Kingdom
“superb cosy restaurant”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

fell upon by chance and was everything we needed it to be
the staff were very helpful and friendly the place was romantic and cosy and
we had a really nice meal including a good bottle of rioca wine with a starter main course sweet and a good shot of limoncello to finish we also were given water, bread and offered coffee all for 38 euro the guys who served us were so helpful thanks for that sometimes you really need a bit of help

• Visited October 2012