“One of our favorite days!”
Review of Do! Valencia

Do! Valencia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This 8-hour long tour includes: Hotel pick up/drop off, english speaking tour leader, all the amazing sites: The Bridal Veil waterfall, Swim the Blue Lagoon hot springs, the breathtaking canyons, the massive Pony Tail horizontal geyser and the dam. As an option we can have lunch in a very nice and affordable tapas restaurant in a village near the springs.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were a little disappointed and questioning at first when we found out that Mike was not to be our tour guide. Nothing of the sort was mentioned during our emails before the trip. Luckily, his replacement, Miguel, turned out to be a delight. Even though I rated this excursion as very good, we still had a few disappointments but none because of Miguel. There was one family that was almost an hour late (and we waited for them,) so we started late. During the tour of the city, the microphone on the bus wasn't working, so the information was just spoken without any enhancement. I am hard of hearing and was very frustrated that I could not hear most of the descriptions and explanations. We did not stop for tea because of the late family. The springs were wonderful and Miguel swam with us to show us the best spots. I even got convinced into jumping off a cliff into the water. The lunch was decent and Miguel was very helpful in getting everyone's food ordered. As everyone says, the tapas bar was the highlight of the day. It was a small town and very authentic. What a great way to end the tour with a relaxing beverage, conversation and great food. Once again, we had trouble because of the family that was late on the way home. We really had to speed through the mountains to get back to the cruise ship on time. We did not have much time to spare and it was a bit stressful. Annoyingly, the late family fell asleep on the bus during the tour of the city and didn't swim in the springs. As you can see, most of our problems were because of this family. I think we should have stuck to protocol and not waited for them in the morning. Overall, it was Miguel that made this day great! He added charm to the entire day. Thank you, Miguel!

All reviews
"amazing experience"
in 14 reviews
"whole group"

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our group of 4 really enjoyed this day in the country. The city tour portion was disappointing, we did not learn much about Valencia and quickly drove past half a dozen sites. However, the places Mike took us to, were very pretty and it was great to see the countryside in late Autumn. The day was cool and we decided not to swim at the "hot" springs, but on a warmer day it would be nice. You might need footwear for the water though. Our morning tea stop was average quality (although entertaining) but the tapas bar in the afternoon was a real highlight. Mike took photos during the day and emailed them promptly as a reminder of a fun day.

1  Thank MyHonestAssessment
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Just what we needed, we got out of town and see some amazing scenery with the best tour guide.

The food at the restaurant was a massive highlight. I can't recommend this tour highly enough.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

When I'm travelling, I really want to see the natural beauty of the place I'm visiting - the people, nature, the food. I want to understand the customers and culture, and come away feeling that I've learnt something, that I've had a rare insight. I also want to have a memorable and fun experience with a bunch of awesome people.

This is a lot to ask in one tour, I know, but I came away at the end of the day feeling that all of this had been achieved, and that I'd been a part of something special. The tour felt very personalised, with a small and fantastic group of only 8, and it felt as though we were being shown around by someone I knew.

I swam in an incredible natural spring with the clearest and most beautiful blue water I've seen, had tapas and shots in a tiny village, with an incredibly charismatic man who was hilarious even though we speak a different language, and finally saw a running of the bulls. This didn't appeal to me in itself, but this is how the locals live, and that's what I wanted to understand. The small group mingled and there were so many photos, which our guide so generously emailed very soon after the tour.

It was so special - I can't recommend it highly enough!

Just do it, and you'll see :)

3  Thank MandyIs