“The perfect lunch”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Seu
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We visited Valencia today for the first time having bought a nearby villa. Happy to wander, we discovered the market and lots of great sites and at lunch happened across Bodego de la Sarieta. We had seen many other restaurants but wanted paella and fiduras. We loved the pretty little street it is on and were met with a friendly greeting and spare table (just before 3pm). We had a local beer and on offer Valencian wine that were great and our paella dishes were delicious. Cheesecake with bilberry sauce and coffees finished a perfect lunch. This is now a 'new' favourite.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Tapas excellent and the service attentive and friendly. The paella was excellent (as per previous reviews) BUT the paella was not as good as Almudin restaurant sorry! Excellent all the same but not exquisite.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This restaurant is such a disappointing place!!!
I visited Spain 3 years ago to Barcelona, and tried the typical Spanish dish 'paella' by accident, and I was fully impressed last time. Later on, I was known that Valencia is the birthplace of this dish, and I came with all the expectation, and hope to introduce this great food to my wife who comes to Spain for the first time.
This restaurant was chosen since the rank was relatively high when I first checked: around 80 out of 1000 restaurants in Valencia.But I could honestly tell anyone who wants to try decedent paella, DONT COME TO THIS RESTAURANT!!!!!!
The paella was served with rice uncooked when we waited 20 minutes. And then we asked them to change this because of this, after 20 minutes, they come back with the paella again, still uncooked!!!
THis is totally unbelievable, I guess I had nothing to say, so I didn't request them to change that anymore, since this time it was not that uncooked( still eatable)
And once more, the paella was very salty, I don't know how much salt they have put in the paella, but it was definitely unhealthy and untasty!!!!
After this unforgettable dinner, my wife lost interest to paella and don't want to have paella anymore in her life! It was such a pity for Spanish food!!! Since it could've been much better!
I definitely not recommend anyone who wants to try Paella in this place

1  Thank soleilsword
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I were looking for an authentic, quality Valencian restaurant near to our apartment, and chose this one based on the previous Tripadvisor reviews. Taking note of the directions in one of the earlier reviews, we found Bodega de la Sarieta easily, and were not disappointed with the quality of food and service. We chose whitebait (the best she's ever had, according to my wife, who in fairness has had a lot of whitebait over the years) and the chorizo with broad beans from the tapas menu for starters. Both excellent. We then went for the shellfish paella for mains. I am no great fan of paella, as it is often dry, stodgy and largely tasteless, but this was excellent. Fresh, tasty and full of prawns, mussels etc. The service by the proprietor and his team was faultless, and we both left agreeing that this was easily the best meal we have had in Valencia. Thoroughly recommended, and excellent value too ( 3 courses, plus bread, a bottle of wine, water and coffees came to €53 for the two of us).

1  Thank Simon W
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I randomly stopped at this restaurant for lunch because it seemed quiet, in a narrow side alley of downtown Valencia, just meters from the cathedral. I was greeted by excellent food - a revuelto that was prepared just about instantly and a great paella (which they were willing to make for just one person, which is not common in good restaurants in town). The staff were smiling and helpful; when I agreed to bring some "bread" they automatically brought also some really good tomato sauce and olives, and at the end of the meal they kindly offered a liquor shot. The house wine (a generous "glass" serving of local red, probably closer to a quarter) was remarkable and portions were on the copious side. All this came for 25 euros. Great experience, will go again!