“Innovative, great surprise!”

Restaurante La Salita
Reserve with
Restaurante La Salita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 3,725 Restaurants in Valencia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Begoña Rodrigo nos presenta La Salita, un restaurante muy especial situado en Valencia. Deja ya de imaginar cómo saben sus platos y acércate hasta La Salita. Todo lo que te van a proponer son pequeñas obras de arte con las que vivirás de cerca la pasión por la cocina de su chef, Begoña Rodrigo. Joyas elaboradas con los mejores productos del Mercado Central de Valencia y de los agricultores de la zona. Acércate al centro de Valencia y descubre su Menú Degustación que se renueva constantemente para poder dar lo mejor del momento. Begoña y el equipo de sala, comandado por el maitre Sergio y el sommelier Jorne, te harán vivir una experiencia donde la tradición valenciana toma un giro vanguardista. Posee una bodega a la vista del público y una bonita y romántica decoración. Tantas cosas buenas sólo pueden lograr algo especial. La Salita es el lugar perfecto para esas ocasiones en las que quieres hacer disfrutar a tus sentidos.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very nice experience is this cozy, good service and reasonable price for all that you try. Flavors, presentation, attention to details are incredible. A must go in Valencia if you like good food and nice ambience.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We went several times to La Salita has we have been living in Valencia and as we came back for vacation in Valencia we booked a table at la salita.

Principle is the same: a set menu for 37.50 € exlcluding VAT with 8 courses. All courses were very nice, tasteful and always include a slight touch of molecular cuisine.

The best among the eight was a bacaloa cigar with a glass of gaspacho andalous that was presented as a glass of Cava (transparent and with foam and bubbles) but with the taste of Gaspacho.

Weak point of the restaurant use to be the dessert but its far better now as we had a set of very nice dessert.

Service is very good, the staff is multingual, very attentive, and skilled.

The rooms is very pleasant with larges spaces between tables.

The wine list is very pleasant mix of world class labels and boutique wineries at affordable prices.

Quality level for the price is outstanding.

1  Thank Kwent
Reviewed March 14, 2012

La Salita was a bit like I had expected: Very modern and inventive food, but not much intensity in the flavour.
My grade for the cooking goes mainly for the inventiveness and the beautiful presentation. For instance I was giving a glass of something that looked like champagne or cava, but it was actually gazpacho where they had taken out the colour and then added bubbles. The first course was called coffee and cakes. It was actually a cup of tomato soup, goat cheese resembling cream, and several small savoury dishes that looked like cakes.

I had eight courses, but I didn't see much flavour in the first five courses. The risotto, however, was very good, and had an intense flavour of thyme (thyme being one of my favourite spices), just like a risotto should be. Personally I would have put in mascarpone, as that will give any runny or dry risotto (this being runny) the perfect creamy consistency, but that is really a minor detail and just my personal preference. The mild duck liver and duck ham in the risotto couldn't quite cut through the intense thyme flavour, so those ingredients unfortunately became a bit superfluous in the dish as a whole. Nevertheless, very good.

The pork dish was also good, but still just a bit too mild.

The dessert was, once again, coffee and cakes. The coffee was a chocolate fondant in a cup with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. The ice cream was a little bit too frozen, but the chocolate fondant was EXACTLY the way a chocolate fondant should be: Crispy on the outside and warm and runny on the inside, but most importantly: The chocolate flavour was very intense. Great!
The rest of the dessert was also nice and pleasant, but it didn't really make me feel anything. That said, this dessert was in part somewhat similar to the dessert I had at Pierre Gagnaire's very expensive three star restaurant in Paris, and those small desserts he presented wasn't much different (or any better) than the ones at La Salita (however, Pierre Gagnaire's dessert came in several servings, and for instance his liquorice ice cream is the best liquorice ice cream I've ever tried).

Service was also good, but not as pampering as in Michelin star restaurants. It's just small details that make the difference: Pouring up water the minute my glass is empty, putting all the plates for all the guests on the table at exactly the same moment (as for instance was done at Kokkeriet in Copenhagen and Daniel in New York), asking me if I want another bottle of water and so on. Just details – there was nothing wrong with the service, very friendly and talkative. Both the service and the interior reminded me more of a café than a top restaurant. I take it they have started out recently, and are still trying to find their path.

It wasn't really very clear to me if the restaurant had already paired the menu with wine, but I asked for just a glass of white and a glass of red, and unlike at La Sucursal and Sangonereta they didn't ask me to try several wines or asked for my preferences so I could see which one I liked best, they just served me something. That said, the white wine was probably the best Spanish white wine I've tried so far (which doesn't say much), so that was definitely a good choice.

Value for money: 8 courses and a loaf of bread for €40,5, but no appetizers, which there usually is in this type of restaurant. That said, the price in similar restaurants is usually around €50-€60 for a menu + wine, bread and water, so you get what you pay for both places. I do feel that the price was very reasonable. The wine I had was €3,24 per glass, and half a litre of water was €2,16. Total bill: €40,5 for the food, 2 x €2,16 for water, 2 x €3,24 for wine = €51,30 for one person.

I don't like spicy food at all, but I like intense flavours. Seeing how Spanish people cook, and seeing what food the restaurants serve, it seems to me that Spanish people prefer mild food. Therefore, I would say that La Salita would be very good for Spanish people who want to try "fancy" cooking without paying as much as in for instance Riff, La Sucursal or Ca'sento. It probably would not be so good for people who are used to going to Michelin star restaurants. For them I would still recommend Sangonereta.
La Salita clearly have ambitions, and if they stay as ambitious and inventive, and maybe put a little more flavour into the food, they will eventually gain a Michelin star.

3  Thank Restaurantcritic-eu
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Each of our 7 courses was created with much effort & creativity. This is one of the best fine dining restaurants we have been to but without the steep price tag. Service was friendly & attentive. Overall an excellent experience & would love to go back.

3  Thank Rae009
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Excellent service, elegance and a great atmosphere are only the first things that stand out the right moment you step in this highly recommended restaurant whichleaves no one indifferent.
Of course, I had been toLa Salita before, but what I have experienced this time is, frankly, quite hard to put into words. They have definitely excelled themselves by increasing creativeness whilst keeping up their widely known standards of quality. Would you like some coffee and pastries to be getting on with? .... Yes, that was a starter, believe it or not!
The extraordinary dinner set menu, which is the only option, includes four starters, two main courses and a carousel of deserts. Surprising flavors and traditional ones are all found along the journey that the Chef proposes, sometimes presented in the most astonishing shapes and very likely to make you smile.
As usual, nice table setting, including quality wine glasses, which makes dinner even more pleasant.
And the impressive range of wines you have to choose from is so pleasantly overwhelming that you would be better off asking the highly qualified staff for advice (if you are not an expert yourself, of course). Carandelle, an elegant and well balanced biodynamic wine from the Maremma Toscana was our choice. Pretty delightful.
In a nutshell, La Salita is the perfect place to go for lunch or dinner with friends or your partner and a must for those who enjoy creative cuisine at a reasonable price.

2  Thank daniel r