“Excellent food, but timing terribly wrong”
Review of Basilico Restaurant - CLOSED

Basilico Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Russafa
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Would like to start by saying that the food was excellent and the waiter very friendly.

However, there was about half an hour between being served the 3 dishes we ordered and were suppose to share amongst us. The waiter excused himself and told us that a new cook was hired and was being trained!! It was either a very lame excuse, or they had a very strange way of training new staff!!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I went here with my business partner for Moto Gp 2011 Nov. He loves food & to talk about cooking etc. When looking on trip advisor this place was number 1 (only small review acount). When we arrived by taxi we decided to have a drink over the road as on first impression outside this might not be the place. I was in two minds but never judge a book by its cover.....!!
The matradee was great his English superb & the Chef was just inspiring. I can only liken him to a superb DJ who is in tune with everything around him. Just a natural at what he's doing !!
The dishes of choice maybe limited but when a chef of this genius is bopping about getting what is served to perfection ....knocked down with some Bacardi it was heaven..
If you go anywhere go here .....the food came to something like 50-60 euro's for two and we had 5 bacardi's each. I left a 20 euro tip as they deserved more.

Went to a high class restaurant next night wasn't a patch on these boys and paid over 200 euro's
I will be coming again next year (Nov 9th/10th) I hope nothings changed.....................

2  Thank Jewboy27
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Small and charming restaurant in Valencia.

The menu is very limited, with a very interesting “oriental” touch.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Had lunch here with a friend not to long ago and found the food to be interesting and exciting and service top notch. Would definitely return.

1  Thank Grubbertastic
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The restaurant is good, the food is interesting, but I really think that this place didn’t worth number 4 in Valencia. It’s a small restaurant located in Ruzafa district. “Oriental cuisine” in the heart of Valencia, with prices on the cheap side. We ended paying €64 two persons. Good value for money.

1  Thank br0wn1968