Tripadvisor
Valencia
Post
Inbox
Search

“Worth it! It’s a bit far from”
Review of Pulpo

Pulpo
Ranked #12 of 4,663 Restaurants in Valencia
Description: PULPO arrives in the city of Valencia with a gastronomic proposal that fuses the flavors of the Mediterranean coasts, a selection of dishes that combines tradition and innovation.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Worth it! It’s a bit far from the center, but definitely worth it to try.
Very good quality/price.
Good people, good atmosphere.
Very recommended !

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (295)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I cannot understand why the grilled octupus is too hard to cut and chew plus, almost tasting deep-fried hard but without lots of oil; they might want to wash the vegetable being put on their and have sauces true to the menu. It makes one think the octupus is old.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As the name may suggest, octopus plays the starring role in Pulpo restaurant's menu, which by the way is NOT limited to this. From starters to desserts, the key element is definitely love. Love for food, for life, for what you do. I rarely happen to find a place which makes me feel like I'm home, especially as far as food is concerned (I am Italian, so needless to say why!). Well.. From the very first moment I got into this nice, welcoming place, I was amazed by the personnel's kindness and by the excellent choice of seafood and wines. Much to my surprise (and happiness), I also found a touch of Calabria in one of the "Pulpo's specials" on the menu (sweet red onions of Tropea and nduja). The Boquerones "beccafico" were really good, but the crunchy octopus with mango sauce (Pulpo crujiente en salsa de mango) literally left me speechless. This is what happens when cooking is not just a job, but an authentic passion, which people can enjoy at a very honest price. I absolutely recommend it!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

I was during Christmas period in this cozy restaurant and I was so surprised... I read something but it went beyond our expectations indeed ! I don't know what was better, if the fish tartare or the pasta with octopus sauce or the Gnocco with Nutella... Soooo good! Good price for the food we ate, excellent customer care. I live a bit far to come back,but never say never ...

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 8, 2020

I was called in here for a dinner last time I visited Valencia and it was worth all 5 stars! Delicious! We ordered a variety of dishes and every plate finished clean. The cook did a great job. Everything from the food preparation to how it was served was done great! The food was tasty and worth every cent. Excellent value for money. All the staff were very attentive and friendly. Just how it should be in a fine Mediterranean restaurant.
Immer wieder! :)