“Couldn't agree more with review below!”
Review of Pepe Pica - CLOSED

Pepe Pica
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Seu
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Indeed a tourist a trap. Not good food, had to send cuttlefish back twice, first time over cooked, second time raw, didn't bother with a third time as we already waited 35 mins between our salad and the rest of our food arriving. Watch out for the waiter who loves the phrase 'finito' as he tries to clear your plates with food still on! Ruined our evening knowing we wasted money, should have known better than to go to a tourist area!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This restaurant was designed just to lure in poor unsuspecting tourists and being the first meal I ever had in Spain got me off to a pretty bad start.

We had the 3 courses for 12 euro lunch deal .Bad from start to finish.

My starter was wrong , my partners mussels were undercooked and in an eye watteringly salty sauce.

My main course paella came from a plate in the window that looked like it had been sitting there for hours and was heated up in the microwave . My partners while being freshly cooked was swimming in a thick layer of grease and wasn't edible.

The desert was ice cream , terrible cheap stuff . The kind you get in an Iceland supermarket with the 3 colours for a quid.

We were so unsatisfied by this rubbish we ended up getting an infinitely better Burger King meal a couple of hours later.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Located in the heart of the old part of the city. Service is very good and fast. Make sure you try the Paella Valenciana; however, beware that the true Paella Valenciana consists in chicken and rabbit not just seafood as it seems to be in the rest of the world. If you want a seafood paella just make sure you tell the waitress.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

For €17 each we had a very good 3 course meal with plenty of choice for each course unlike some places. There was a large sport's team eating upstairs which made for a lively atmosphere but not unpleasantly so.
Would recommend this restaurant for a restaurant in a good central location and with reasonably priced traditional local food. To our taste buds the paella was very good and the grilled cuttlefish I had for started was excellent (not too rubbery).

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Right on the square in Valencia. Small restaurant, but they all are really. Had a set menue for 18 euro per person. Good choice of all 3 course, I had mussles, chicken and chocholate crepe. The mussles were great as was the checken and dessert. My friend had the Valencian salad - it was enought to feed at least 3 people, and then the pork which she said was beautiful. Drink prices were not too expensive, on a par with the rest of Valencia (around 6 to 7 euro for vodka and mixer)