“Fun atmosphere, many choices”

Sagardi Valencia Centro
Reserve with
Sagardi Valencia Centro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 3,717 Restaurants in Valencia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Located in the historic city center, in the middle of main street between the Cathedral, City Hall and the Central Market. A restaurant concept composed of two deals:The pintxos bar where you can taste over 80 varieties of tapas and the brasserie, whose greatest attraction is the grill in view of the guest with the best fish and meat dishes of Basque country
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The place was packed at lunch with many locals and some tourists. You go up to the bar and select your tapas, take your plate to your table and enjoy. A few additional hot items came out from the kitchen and were passed by the server. When finished, your server counts up the toothpicks and presents your bill. Each item was 1.85 euro. We had a good bottle of house wine for 14 euro. A lively place, great location for a meal while you are out sightseeing in the heart of old town.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,114)

Reviewed October 14, 2012

A take on Basque Pintxos - Basically open sandwiches with a coctail stick in them.
They have all the choices laid out around the bar. You ask for a plate, order your drinks and help yourselves. Then when you have finished you take your plate to the bar with your coctail sticks and pay per stick (per item). You will probably see a lot of things you do not have an idea what they are so ask. Or just try them. I do and I have not had anything horrible! A good place to stop and grab a drink and a snack.
They also have a basque restaurant upstairs which is open on the evenings. The menu is meat and fish heavy so I have not had the pleasure of trying as my wife is vegetarian and there is no dish for her.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stay downstairs and eat the tapas (available all day). We got coerced into going upstairs in the restaurant. Great food but very dissapointing service, they charged up for bread we did not order and the meal my husband ordered was replaced with a more expenisve one without us realising. Our cheap and cheerful holiday meal came to 64 euros! afterwards we went and sat outside to finish our drinks and the tapas looked lovely and the atmosphere was great. My advice - dont go upstairs!!

1  Thank SarahLouChengdu
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great place to pick up a light bite and watch the people go by. Staff spoke basic English and made it easier to enjoy the different types of meat and seafood. Floor to ceiling windows and near the hustle and bustle. We will definitely return!

1  Thank ObanSkye
Reviewed August 19, 2012

During my Spanish vacation I visit Sagardi for dinner and they let me down.... I use to come very often when leaving in Valencia in 2008 and use to be much better: the quality of the pintxo on the bar was very poor and you could see was not refill at all from long time.... We have to ask twice in order to receive some pintxo Jamon(which was not there) and txistorra and finally when arrived the waiter looks annoyed for our quests ..... Very disappointed!!!!!