“Warm atmosphere, welcoming service, fab desserts!!”

Tinto Fino Ultramarino
Ranked #66 of 3,694 Restaurants in Valencia
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A unique and cozy place in a rustic and informal atmosphere from the 70s. Italian-spanish tapas restaurant-wine bar with simple and good quality dishes, unique in town The warmth and closeness of their service will make you feel at home
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I visited many restaurants during my week in Valencia and Tinto Fino, was the most unique, due to the unusual layout & fab retro dining room. This restaurant is a great little find located on a small side street, serving Italian dishes & tapas. I visited on a Saturday evening, around 10pm and the restaurant was already full to capacity, so I reccommend reserving a table to be sure. Lucky for me a table was just finishing, so I had a glass of wine in the bar, whilst the table was being cleared. My girlfriend and I started off with an assortment of tapas dishes to share, then moved onto our main dishes. With a little room to spare, we shared the homemade volcano chocolate sponge with vanilla ice cream & chocolate sauce, highly recommended! We had a great evening here, the live music was pleasant and not at all intrusive and excellent service from the host Pigi and our server Chiara. I'll be back at Christmas and look forward to trying out some of the new dishes & of course the desserts!!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We visited Valencia to eat a lot of tapas and therefore tried out several restaurants during our stay. After due consideration we came to the conclusion that Tinto Fino is our favorite. We especially enjoyed the fine selection of spanish cheeses, which can be bought at the restaurant, but also the wine tasted excellent. Finally I have to mention that the waiter was very friendly and courteous, he did everything to make the costumers happy and you really feel how passioned he is about his job. We loved it very much and we would defenitly go back again!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The decor of Tinto Fino is very inviting. Great atmosphere and friendly staff.
Beautiful tapas, fresh products and an excellent mix in traditional spanish tapas with italian influences. Wines are excellent and very good price/quality. We ate there twice and we will definately return next time we are in Valencia. Recommendation: bravissimas, tinto fino salad, cheesecake and the tiramisu. (almost better then my mother's).

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had heard good things about Tinto Fino before booking and I am so glad we took the time out to find it as it was by far the best meal of our weekend in Valencia. We were welcomed warmly by the host Pigi - who gave us a choice of tables to sit at. Those coming a little later did not have a choice because the place quickly filled up and on sampling the food and enjoying the ambiance it was easy to see why it was such a popular place to be.
Pigi was very knowledgeable about the wine and helped us select a bottle (or two) that really complimented the food. When our food arrived he made sure we knew what each dish was and that we were happy with our choices. The dishes were full of flavour and needed no additional seasoning. We had a really fun evening and much of that was down to the attentiveness of the host, the friendliness of our waitress, the delightful décor of the restaurant and fabulous tasty tapas we enjoyed. If you are going to Valencia - visit Tinto Fino - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

So glad we chose to spend the evening in TFU. Our waiter was one of the friendliest people we met in a very friendly city. We had a few tapas, a bottle of superb, very chilled rosado. Absolutely loved it. Would have no hesitation in recommending highly. A corker!