“Open your valet and enjoy life”
Review of La Teula Negra

La Teula Negra
Ranked #18 of 131 Restaurants in Villajoyosa
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Staying 6-8 times a year and soon moving to Villajoyosa, this is my favorite for the last 25 years. The same waiter has served us in decades and the food is simple amazing. It is a restaurant which is not very crowded (quite often we are alone) and how they manage to serve these dishes I do not understand. I am doing quite a lot of cooking myself and I understand the importance of fresh ingredients. When I see how few people are present, I cannot understand how they do it. Wine selection is great, top Spanish wines in price level you can live with and the menu itself if excellent. I will hover recommend the lamb shoulder; you can chew it with your eyelid. Just enjoy !!!!

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in Villajoyosa for a week and found this place had great reviews in Tripadvisor, so went to check it out. The setting is classy and atmosphere is very relaxing. I loved everything I had, one dish I was having was truly out of this world - ray fish paella. I believe I will be back just to try it once again. Would advise it for some romantic dinner, it's really great.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The table setting was great as were the beautiful fresh floral arrangements on every table. We were made most welcome at this family run restaurant. Service was good and not rushed. Four of us opted for the Goat's cheese salad for starters and whilst it looked great when it came to the table unfortunately the cheese was no longer warm which was disappointing. The Veal tail dish for the main course however was faultless as was the fillet steak with Gorgonzola sauce. The chocolate mousse was to die for!

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

This is truly a hidden gem! Forget about everything else in Villajoyosa. This is truly suberb in every way! From the moment the owner greet you, til you get the bill, you are really taken care of.

We had prawns and duck patee for starters, sirloin teula negra for main and chocolate fondant for desert. Everything was perfect. I don't even going to bother write any more superlatives. Just try it!!! We are coming back, thats for sure.

1  Thank DagMj_ndalen
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Enjoyable meal the sea bass was excellent .. The best I have eaten so far.
Pleasant location with views towards Alicante in the distance.