“The best restaurant in Torrevieja”

Restaurante Christopher
Ranked #6 of 646 Restaurants in Torrevieja
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is the best restaurant I have visited in a very long time and certainly the best in or around Torrevieja. The atmosphere is warm and relaxed and the staff are very attentive without being over bearing. The menu is varied and comprehensive and cooked to perfection. For chocoholics, I recommend the Choca-boca-glory but make sure you leave plenty of room for it!! It is a very popular restaurant so I would advise booking even out of season as Christopher has a dedicated band of regulars.

2  Thank Chris1252

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a very welcoming restaurant with a good ambience and as my friend knew the the owners well it was a great friendly atmosphere. It was also a very cold evening for Spain around 6deg, so the warmth was also physical.
For a starter I had a simple Smoked Salmon salad. The Salmon was not the wafer thin variety but a decent thickness and tasty. My wife had Fried Camenbert and proclaimed it excellent. For mains I had Smocked Salmon on a bed of mashed potatoes and vegetables plus a delicios light sauce which set the whole thing off. How do top chefs make a simple thing as mashed potatoes so delicious and could constitute a meal on their ownn. My wife had Beuf Berinione, a hackneyed dish really but the sauce and the tenderness of the meat plus potaoes and vegetables lifted it well above average.
My dessert was a Malteser Trifle which was delicious and quirky. My wife had a meringue and pronounced it very good.
The meal was accompanied by a house Wine, which was sauvignon Blanc or Red.
We finished with coffees and a very satisfied feeling.
My only complaint, nothing to do with the Restaurant, but my stomach has grown used to Spanish dishes and I felt a bit bloated but still satisfied.

1  Thank Aylyn2
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have been going to Restaurante Christopher for several years now, it is our favourite in our location. We always take any new visitors that we have, here. The service is excellent, as is the food, as is the "front of house", all aspects of which are important to me. Staff are very attentive and aware of when you may require more drinks etc, without being over the top. The menu is comprehensive and varied, and excellent value. Highly recommend it. Visit once, and you will return regularly.
We are having Xmas dinner here, booking for 9 happy people.

1  Thank mand884
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We visited this restaurant earlier this year - it can be abit difficult to find its nr - new 2 u - but well worth a visit the food was perfect - luvly restaurant n we will deffo be going back - you do need to book - staff couldn't be more helpful - they deserve to be at the top tnx for a great evening

1  Thank Den232
Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you are looking for a superb restaurant to celebrate an event, birthday, anniversary, or a meal out with friends, then this is THE place to go. There is a great choice of starters, mains and desserts to die for.......I have not got round to sampling all of them ...yet!
Excellent service, attentive - but not overly pretentious staff, go with their recommendations - I have, and have experienced fabulous food....served well cooked and piping hot, which is not the norm for Spain. The restaurant has a cosy, comfortable atmosphere, with gentle lighting, and comfortable seats with the options of romantic tables for two, or larger settings for groups. extensive wine menu. Overall a fabulous dining experience for approx 60 euros including wine ( which is not included in Menu price ) It may be a little difficult to fine...the first time! but I guarantee you will return.