“We love it here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Posit

El Posit
Ranked #26 of 330 Restaurants in Calpe
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“We love it here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here many times and it is my favourite restaurant in Calpe situated in the old town. We love the roof terrace and the excellent service and freshly cooked food. We find there is plenty of choice, sometimes we eat from the lovely tapas or light menu and other times we have the 3 course set menu. Last week we enjoyed the most delicious tempura prawns followed by hake in saffron sauce with mussels. The Parma ham and figs for starters was also delicious making the most of seasonal produce. The set menu comes with wine and bread and is excellent value. It is the most consistently good and varied food in town..we will be back.

2 Thank Penonboy

Eastbourne
“Agree with comment re overcooked food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Yes a very nice restaurant in the Old Town but I have to agree with the previous comment regarding overcooked food. My lamb chops were very overcooked and to my mind did not start from a good base as the quality of the meat was poor. My partner's chicken was dry and following the warning about the plates being very hot (no need in Spain!) I get the impression that the food continues to cook on a hot plate whilst waiting to be served. Having said that the fish soup starter was very good indeed and desserts acceptable so overall an average score. I would not order the lamb chops if I were you.

• Visited October 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“El Posit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our favourite restaurant in Calpe. Excellent food, freshly cooked, with plenty of fresh vegetables and good wine. Service is friendly and English is spoken. So popular that you need to make a reservation.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank 64PatriciaL64
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Wandering through the old town of Calpe, luckily enough to stumble upon El Posit. Excellent tasty Tapas all homemade very reasonable priced. Enjoyed the terrace and service, husband and wife fantastic..

• Visited September 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Six of us went along to the restaurant last night and sat out on the terrace. I had previously read the reviews out to our friends during the day and immediately booked a table.

The food was absolutely heavenly and cooked to perfection; Ana the hostess was delightful and attentive to us all throughout the night. And to top all the wonderful food, drink, service and atmosphere the value is outstanding..

I would recommend you all to take a visit (or two) to this gem when you are next in the area and sample the delights of ‘El Posit’ for yourselves – I think you’ll love it.

• Visited September 2012