Good Things first: Nice hotell, nice pool aera, nice rooms, tidy and clean, nice and polite staff and nice spa treatments. Lots of old People, but it is a fancy hotel so of course you dont meet backpackers here!
We reserved two superior rooms trough viastay.com - superior to be sure to get seaview. When we arrived, they found only one room in our names, and that was not superior. After some waiting (the staff were nice and polite), we got our two rooms in the top (12th) floor, with seaview. It seems that the difference between superior and ordinary room is not that big - just some extras they add to an ordinary room souch as: - daily newspapers, a botle of cava and chocolate at arrival, coffee for the nespresso machine and shampoo etc of other type than the ordinary - and free drinks in the minibar (non alcoholic)
There was no cava, coffee or papers to see..
On day 2, I went Down to get this sorted out. The staff was understanding and promised to get this right asap. My parents room got cofee and the "exclusive" kind of shampoos, except from that - nada. The same evening I talked to another person, also she promised to bring the cava, etc. She told me only one of the rooms was marked as superior - I showed her my voucher proving that I had payd for two superior rooms. Nothing happened.
On day 3, I met another person. She promised me the same. During the afternoon we got Our coffee and shampoos, and when we came in that night after dining in the old town, the cava was waiting. The ice had melted, and it was time for bed..
No papers seen, no apologizes...
As far as I can see we god two days With ordinary rooms and two days With superior (a service that I had payd for but that I had do work hard to get...) The difference was about 60 Euros per night, and I choose this as a treat for the end of Our vacation and a gest to my parents.
- I had to complain to Three different persons before something happened
- I had a voucher telling that we had payd for 2 superior rooms, still nothing happened
- We did NOT get what we paid for!
At checking out they also charged for drinks in minibar, so I had to tell them to put that put. They also give me free parking for 4 days - but that was all -still no apologies.
The rooms was fine and the hotel fine - but having paid lots of extra for extra treatment that we did not get did something to the Whole impression. I also wrote an email to the hotel Chain, but they haven't even answered!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your AR Diamante Beach SPA Hotel & Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ar Diamante Beach Spa Hotel And Convention Centre
- Diamante Beach Calpe
- Hotel Diamante Beach