All reviewsrooftop poolsea viewchanged everydaymini fridge in the roomnice sizeunderground garageold townlong promenadebig bathroomwould stay againtea coffee making facilitiesholiday hotelstayed for nightsbooked half boardsmall poolperfect holidayrestaurants and bars
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

We have used this hotel many times in the past and have been satisfied. However, this time it’s been a nightmare from the beginning.
I checked in late at night after a long day of travelling. Went to my room, really looking forward to putting my head down, only to discover that there were people already in the room.
I had to traipse back down to reception to get allocated a different room.
Also, I was looking forward to breakfast which is usually very good but when I checked in I was told that breakfast was unavailable as they had s very large group staying. How can a hotel not accommodate the number of residents for breakfast?????
I paid €10 for car parking and it was s nightmare trying to find a space to get my tiny rented car into as those already there were mostly parked over 2 spaces.
There are people everywhere- just not nice!!!!!

Reviewed October 20, 2017

Hotel has very good facilities and provides extras at no additional cost e.g. free safe, free soft drinks in fridge, beach towel and portable beach umbrella. The breakfast options are extensive and good quality. However, the hotel is somewhat impersonal and more like a business hotel rather than a holiday hotel.
That said, the stay was very nice and the room was clean and a nice size. The location is adjacent to the beach and shops. The harbour is a bit of a trot, but the bases and land train both go there. The weekly market is excellent. Nearby is the lake with the pink flamingoes. Altea and Oliva/ Denia are reachable by bus / tram. The tram station is right at the back of the town, but a frequent bus runs to and fro the beach and the station.

Room Tip: Not all rooms face the beach. However, the road is pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank mcrumlish1
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Loved our room. The roof top pool is fantastic. Staff friendly and helpful. Hotel spotless and breakfast selection excellent.

I can't wait to go back there.

Calpe is also a lovely location. Good restaurants and shopping. Beautiful beaches.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Lesleymacfarlane
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel for it's location and sea view. Our room was very large - more like a suite with a large seating area leading through to the bedroom and big bathroom. Pleasant friendly staff. Nice roof pool and bar where we enjoyed evening drinks watching the moon over the sea. Parking below was good value at €10 per day and saved the effort of finding on street parking and feeding metres. The parking enforcers are very hot in Calpe. We had read that it was no good for big cars but we had a Fiat Doplo van and found plenty of big spaces. On the down side, the TV was very small for a large modern room. The hotel don't provide pool towels even though they have two pools. You can buy them for €10 each. On check out we noticed a sign in reception stating that towels would only be changed every three days and if you wanted them changed more regularly it would be €7 per person per day ! We're all for green hotel initiatives but €14 per day for clean towels is not really acceptable for a 4 star hotel in our view. We were only there two nights and didn't receive any charge for that but would have certainly challenged it if we had, as nothing was said to us about this when checking in. Wouldn't put us off returning but something to be aware of.

1  Thank Travelboyz07
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

We literally just used the room so cannot comment on the bar, restaurant or pool facilities.

The reception staff where very friendly on arrival and allowed us to check in early at 10am which made a huge different to our first day.

Parking available under the hotel at €50 a week, I thought this was a little steep but is standard practise in a centrally located hotel where there is a cost to park on streets outside.

Room was nice, good bed, cleaned to good standard with a decent shower. I would highly recommend paying the extra for a sea view room. We were on the 6th floor and the view was amazing, you can see from one side of the bay to the other.

Location is good, 30 second walk to beach and the same to the beach front walkway that has loads of restaurants and bars open into the evening.

Only grumble was having to pay €3 a day to use the safe, I though this was standard in most hotels of this standard now.

All in all a nice hotel in a great location, I would recommend and I would stay again.

1  Thank Divadnevets