See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 17, 2016

Telling general, it is quite average hotel but with nice and smiling staff. They are also very helpful with giving some tour tips nearby. French owners are real stars.

Information: location is not perfect - about 15 minutes from the beach part of the town and restaurants. Guests have main road passing by instead. Rooms are bright and with view for enjoying. Cleaning level is acceptable. Some facilities in the room are broken. Price is fair and can include breakfast. Breakfast is well defined and no buffet. Dinners if chosen will be fast-food type and without any fineness.

Pros - small swimming pool, garden work around, free parking
Cons - no wi-fi in rooms, nothing interesting in the range of 2 km, noisy environment (main road).

Room Tip: Try to look at the room before you chose. Rooms are different (very) in the same price.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2016

My wife and I booked into this hotel as we passed it on a trip.
It looks OK from the outside,friendly,helpful staff,nice pool,nice gardens,but that's were it ends.The room,109,was basic,badly in need of a re-furb,balcony with nice view,and 2 plastic chairs. Nowhere to sit in the bedroom,we opened the draws in the dressing table
unit,one was full of hair,and the other was filthy inside.
Bathroom had no hand towels,and the shower was a hand held one,with no attachment to fit it to the wall.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2016

We stayed here over the weekend and had a great stay. The hotel is located just outside of Calpe and takes about 15 minutes to walk into the town , there is a small path at the side of the hotel.(Although coming back is up hill so if you struggle with walking i would recommend a taxi)When we arrived , we were greeted by a lovely lady who was very helpful and gave us a map and showed us how to get into the town. There is a nice bar area and large area for breakfast although we did not have breakfast. Our room was large and very clean. There is everything you need, tv, shower gel, cups etc and a large fan. My only tiny issue was there is no air con. Although the fan helps, it can tend to circulate hot air around but did not cause a massive issue. Our view from our room was great and looked right over calpe with a great view of the rock.The room was cleaned everyday and was spotless with a large balcony area (inc free wifi). There was also a very friendly man working on reception. The pool was big enough and very clean. There were plenty of sun loungers and the whole pool area was very clean. I would recommend this hotel. Also, a taxi into Benidorm from the hotel was only 35 euro so it a good side of calpe to get a taxi from.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chloe h
Reviewed August 6, 2015

The whole of the Costa Blanca has grown tremendously – the number of high rise-hotels and apartments has reshaped the coastline. This family-owned-and-run hotel is a touch of the traditional Costa Blanca. In our opinion it was better to stay just outside Calpe rather than in the town and this hotel was ideal. There was no air conditioning which posed me (personally) some problems. We had a powerful fan but we had to keep the balcony door open and this led to a few mosquito bites. Having said that, I am particularly prone to mosquito bites so don’t read too much into this criticism. The family was extremely friendly and helpful. There is a great pool and relaxation area and the style of the whole hotel is very Spanish. We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and these were adequate. No English on TV.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drjohnlawson
Reviewed January 15, 2015 via mobile

I stayed at the Rocinante Calpe for 2 nights I had the impression that it was a motel ..I was pleasantly surprised once inside the room was clean with a double bed although I had paid for a single I had already eaten so it was coffee and bed ..The hotel is on the main road but I had no road noise and a good nights sleep ..Breakfast was plentiful and well cooked ..I came back that evening and had a meal which was good value and tasty ..If ever I needed to stay overnight in the area again I would book in at the Rocinante
DAVE L.