“Lovely Food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Beef Carpaccio was incredible. Like, actually incredible! Perfect for anyone who loves a steak.

Great restaurant but not the cheapest so make sure you can afford it!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

A nice welcome, sadly downhill from there. Drinks that took 20 minutes to arrive after asking for them twice. Then orders taken with no explanation of the menu (we overheard this later in the evening from another waiter on the table next to us). Food came within a reasonable time, we were out of drink by now but didn't get a chance to ask for more before the waiter rushed off. Steak was really overcooked (I asked for rare) And undercooked potato. Then waited about 30 minutes for the plates to be cleared. Then we still had no new drinks, waited (whilst trying to get some attention) 45 minutes to get another drink or dessert before giving up and getting the bill. A nice evening ruined by a total lack of service and bad steak. Plus a live band that thought they were in a stadium and way too loud, could hardly have a conversation. Not recommended.

2  Thank rachelwhenman
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were very unsure about going to el toro after reading some of the reviews but we turned up without booking (9 of us) and the staff pulled 3 tables together to accommodate us. Wow, what a meal. We expected to wait for ages but we didn't wait long at all. The food was excellent. Several perfectly cooked steaks and various other meals - all perfect. There was no problem with slow service at all. All we can think is that people who waited went on a Friday or Saturday night (we went Tuesday). Give this place a go, it was great.

1  Thank jra69
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just came back from Calpe, decided to try El Toro on our last night, wish we had gone on our first night. The food was excellent, price is reasonable and staff are very friendly and pleasant. Would highly recommend and wish we had discovered El Toro earlier in the holiday.

1  Thank Lulabelle-Maskell
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We went twice at the end of August during our weeks stay in Calpe. I had a steak the first time and was slightly disappointed because it was too well done for me - but the time after I switched to the pork kebab with satay sauce. It was absolutely amazing! I was not allowed to have a smaller portion of the goats cheese salad on the side instead of the potato etc, which I felt was a bit bad - but we ordered the salad anyway and it is defintiely worth trying. The first night we went it was my birthday and they were very nice and brought me out a dessert with a sparkler in! We went with two children (both under 2) and they were given crayons etc. to play with as well. Brilliant for large groups as there were 15 of us and everyone left happy.

All in all it is in my opinion the best restaurant around the area, however, it is not in the centre of town, so you'd have to walk about 20 minutes out to get to it.