“Nice to be beside the sea”
Review of Hotel RH Ifach

Hotel RH Ifach
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Calpe
Reviewed August 30, 2013

As the other reports say, good clean rooms, nice views from the higher levels and a lovely pool. When we were there it was stormy but the location allowed us to switch beaches (either side of the Ifach) in minutes and get the best waves or sun, depending on our mood. All the nearby restaurants we visited, either by the beach, harbour or on the soulless streets, were good. Bus to Alicante airport (Alsa) stops 100m from the hotel, by the tourist office. Only runs a few times each day, but an effortless and cheap transfer.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room so you get a better view.... There are lots of high rise buildings competing for...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FarmerParma
ifach, Departamento de Calidad Sh Ifach at Hotel RH Ifach, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for having chosen SH Ifach for your recent stay in Calpe.

We greatly appreciate your comments, and we are very pleased to know you had a nice experience in our establishment.

We remain our gratefulness for your confidence in our hotel, and we really hope to welcome you in the next future.

Yours sincerely,

Quality Department SH Ifach

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotes is well located and very clean. We had a big room with sea view.
We would recommend the hotel. The breakfast is ok
Calpe itself it is not a good place and avoid the restaurants close to the harbour

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Framat22
ifach, Departamento de Calidad at Hotel RH Ifach, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for having chosen SH Ifach for your recent stay in Calpe.

We greatly appreciate your comments, and we are very pleased to know you had a nice experience in our establishment, having a positive overall impression regarding the services and the facilities. We would like to emphasise that guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us.

On the other hand, we would have liked to have the opportunity to provide you interesting tourist information of Calpe and the sorroundings, according to your interests, to make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Sh Ifach in June 2013. This hotel is very good, fairly large clean rooms with a great balcony. We were on the 11th floor so the view over Calpe and the harbour area was fantastic. Good pool with bar facilities and a life guard. The restaurant is cool and welcoming although we were on full board so the food did get a little bit monotonous but in saying that there was always plenty of choice. There are good walks to be found and just a stones through from the hotel is a long wide prom that takes you into Calpe centre with lots of cafes, bars and restaurants along the way. The beach was clean and the sea inviting.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Marion53
ifach, Departamento de Calidad at Hotel RH Ifach, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you for having chosen SH Ifach for your stay in Calpe last June.

We greatly appreciate your comments, being very glad to know you had a nice experience in our establishment, getting a positive impression regarding the services and facilities.

We would like to emphasise that guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, so we will continue working in order to offer you a better service next time.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have never written a review before, but thought I would put our honest experiences down for all to see.

Dad (80) but young 80 decided to book this hotel for a week 30th April 2013 to 07th May 2013 via Saga (first Saga Holiday) and son (46) said, look I need a holiday and I'll tag along and to our surprise Saga had no issue with this when booking the holiday.

On arrival at the Hotel after a 1+ hour delay at Alicante Airport as there was a mix up at Airport due to the next plane coming in had their suitcases put on to the wrong carosel, causing delay in them boarding the coach to take the two plane loads to their hotels. The Saga rep on the coach spoke excellent Spanish and lovely informative and welcome to Spain.

On arrival at the Hotel, very impressed with Hotel first impression, position of it was fantastic, clean, and bright. The rep Suzanne was waiting for all, which is nice gesture to arrive. Shame when we arrived to check in to the Hotel, the staff at reception were stone faced, cold, as is they were thinking oh my god what are you doing coming to our hotel. But we looked past this and apart from 1 chap on reception who smiled during the week, we just come to terms with this but don't let that spoil your holiday.

As it was after 1pm and we were all inclusive we headed straight to the bar and was greeted by Louis who was fantastic letting us know what drinks we can have on the all inclusive and what we can't ! Our holiday had now started and during the week Louis and the fellow bar staff were great. Especially another chap but I can't remember his name but he just had a baby son called Marcos from memory and showed me pictures of his beautiful baby on his phone. Be warned though at 11pm free drinks finish, and if it is 1 second after no chance of being served. So get them in early, we learnt by this one night ! You need a good drink to put up with the majority of entertainment in the foyer.

We headed to the dining room which is very clean, tidy and plenty of space. You can drink wine and water in the dining room at lunch and dinner and apart from fruit juice, tea and coffee in morning that's it. If you fancy a beer with your meal I think you had to pay for one, whch we did not as the hotel is very expensive if your not all inclussive.

Your holiday is sometimes what you make of it and yes you can complain about this that and the other.

The dining room is disorganised with food scattered everywhere and you do laps around the restuarant stopping to chat to guests dining and asking where is the butter, where is the pizza. But it's actually good fun. They have a chef cooking meat and fish to order and eggs in morning. Just tell them what you want and how you like it cooked, go on your travels and return to collect your food. I would say 1 week is plenty in the restuarant, choice is quite limited and same old.. But there was variety and quality was ok.

The hotel is in a fantastic position to walk around and we went on the small choo choo train with other guests for a couple of euro's which is well worth it, walk to the prom, walk to the harbour or walk over to the flimingo's.

Our room was on the 14th floor, odd which was hot in the afternoon - no air con working but as not too hot was not a problem.

The indoor pool is fantastic and bubble bath which is so relaxing. Outdoor pool is cleaned daily and was really cold. Some older guests put me to shame who went in. I tried up to hips and that was me, back in the indoor pool (remember your swimming hat).

We went on a couple of excursions which were slow, relaxing and informative rep. Well worth wasting a few days and actually enjoying it. Worth seeing how Benidorm has grown on the half day trip.

We met some fantasic characters and friends, wish I could remember all the names. Our favourites were Jeanette (beautiful daughter) of Margaret (regal smiling lady), Ros and Marion. Graham (who kindly joined me when we walked up the Sh Ifach Rock together - thanks Graham) and his lovely wife Nita who was such fun. There was the sexy Megan who nearly fainted in the restuarant when we first met, her new friend. There was George and his sisters, Dave and partner who nearly run me down on their mobility scooters - such fantastic company, there was Miss Gatwich Doris who was a flamenko dancers in her younger days. Sorry if we missed you out, but special shout out to Tony and his wife from poplar in London - wonderful people.

Anyway - book the Sh Ifach, you will enjoy - just go with the opinion to relax, enjoy and not worry too much about all things people moan about like the wi-fi could be better etc..

Room Tip: Floor Level 6 and Up. Even morning sun, Odd afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Nigel S
ifach, Departamento de Calidad at Hotel RH Ifach, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you for having trust in SH Ifach for your stay in Calpe.

We greatly appreciate your opinion, and we are very glad to know you had a nice experience in our Calpe and in our establishment.
We apologize for any aspect which did not fulfill your expectations; we will take them into account to improve the details you mention regarding guest care and about the facilities.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Lovely pool area and nice breakfast. Didn't have evening meals here we went out. Calpe has loads of great restaurants. Try the Swiss one for a fantastic dining experience in town.also the steak house great value. Had pool side food, which was rubbish. This is a clean and averagely decorated place

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Lenniethevest
ifach, Departamento de Calidad at Hotel RH Ifach, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen SH Ifach for your recent stay in Calpe.

We are glad to know you had a nice experience in Calpe and in our establishment.
We have read your critic regarding our establishment, and we will focus on the improvement details you mention.

Thank you again for your confidence, and we really hope to welcome you in the next future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in this four star hotel. I went with SAGA as I am a Senior and they do look after us very well!
The staff in every dept were always helpful and cheerful when I spoke about anything. I find if I treat people as I would be treated I usually get a good response! (Do as you would be done by.) The rooms were cleaned daily and bed linen and towels regularly changed. The bar and dining room staff were always cheerful and helpful to me despite being extremely busy all the time.! There was entertainment most evenings for those of us who liked to sit and listen or watch. (Not compulsory!) Some of them were very good, others mediocre or bad but I just left if I didn't like it! You can't win em all! ;-)) lol
There were lots of elderly people from various parts of Europe when I was there in June. It's a favourite time as it's much cheaper and good weather mostly and not too hot. I've no idea what it's like in July and August. Hope full someone else can tell us that!
I hired a mobility scooter for a few days through our Rep. Very useful as I'm unable to walk far these days. Only thing to watch out for is pavements which end without a ramp or lowering of the curb! (Hi to all my friends, including Carol and John, Bee beep!!! :-)) The ride down to the beach area has plenty, just brace yourself for the bump on some of them!
The beach is lovely, clean and plenty of sunbeds and chairs. I saw a sand sculptor making wonderful castles and horses. So clever I sat and watched him several times! Plenty of cafe's restaurants and shops to browse down there if that's your 'thing'! It's lovely in the Marina and harbour area. Worth a walk to see it and also to the Ifach Rock where there's a viewing platform if you're fit enough to go up there. Walks up the rock can be arranged too I believe.
All in all a good hol for me, my first as an elderly single.

Room Tip: My room was on the 14th floor. Really good views up there and very quiet too if you don't want t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Senior_1943E_A
ifach, Departamento de Calidad at Hotel RH Ifach, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for having chosen SH Ifach for your recent stay in Calpe.
We greatly appreciate your comments, and we are glad to know that you have enjoyed a nice experience in our hotel; but the most important to us is knowing that you have received good attention, and you have felt fine in our establisment. It is very encouraging for us receive your positive comment, because these things give the strength to our team
to work better, and to make your next stay even more enjoyable.
We remain our gratefulness for your confidence in our hotel, and we really hope to welcome you very soon.
Yours sincerely,

Quality Department SH Ifach

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed first week in June, loved the hotel and its view over the Salinas. The staff in restaurant and bars were lovely, very friendly, some reception staff could have smiled a bit more !
Enjoyed the meals, especially the prepared fresh fruit on offer at every meal, including breakfast.

Never had a problem getting sunbeds around the pool even on the hottest days. The indoor pool was warmer and great for a swim on days when it was overcast.

Travelled with Saga and their reps were all very efficient, knowledgeable and welcoming. But I have to make special mention of Suzanne who was fantastic. She has a lovely personality and nothing was too much trouble for her, she is a credit to Saga.

Loved it so much we have arranged to come back next year.

Room Tip: higher floors with odd numbers overlook Salinas but still have sea glimpses.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen SH Ifach for your recent holidays in Calpe.

We greatly appreciate your opinion regarding our services and facilities, because it is very encouraging your positive appreciation regarding our hotel and our work, and it is a useful tool for continuous improvement.
We are glad to know that your overall impression and experience was positive, and you would repeat the stay with us. We will take into account too the improvement details you mention, to make your next stay even more enjoyable.

We remain our gratefulness and we would like to continue with your confidence.