All reviews stayed nights exclusive use min walk to the beach selection of cold meats huge bed junior suite visit calpe pool area bars and restaurants relaxation facilities jacuzzi
Reviewed October 3, 2017

I had dinner here with my husband to celebrate a birthday. WOW, the food and service were incredible and the ambiance of the hotel was great, we sat outside, the weather was perfect, the decor beautiful, lovely little fountain. Just perfect.
Food is exquisite, you order a starter and main course but before these come there are 3 perfectly delicious tasters, service is very good, we visit Calpe regularly and are so pleased we have found this lovely place.
It is not cheap but in Calpe there are many other choices, this is for treats and special occasions.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
dmthecookbook, Guest Experience Manager at The Cookbook Gastro Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your gastro-experience with us.
We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your special dinner.
We look forward to receive you again very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2017

We spent only one day at this little gem of a hotel. The staff were super helpful and friendly and certainly made our stay even better. We had pre booked the spa so had exclusive use of the pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. The room was a junior suite and came with a huge bed! The pool area was clean and the poolside beds the most comfortable I have experienced. We ate on the terrace and after asking for some recommendations from the menu had the best ever T-bone steak as a sharing dish. The food was amazing. Breakfast was tasty I had eggs benedict from the hot menu. We wished we had stayed longer but will definitely be back in the future and have already recommended this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
dmthecookbook, Guest Experience Manager at The Cookbook Gastro Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted for your nice comments, we do appreciate you have enjoyed a gastronomic experience with us at The Cookbook Gastro Boutique Hotel&Spa.

We will communicate it to all our team.

We will be glad to see you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed July 4, 2017

I absolutely loved my time staying in this hotel with my 2 dogs. Everything possible was done for me to give me.the very best experience. The breakfast is superb, the food is out of this world. The staff are super friendly. Nothing is too much trouble and the Manager Carolina us always on hand and available to add.that extra touch. If you ant to use the spa, they make it a private experience for you. When I walked my dogs early in the morning, they made sure to have my room cleaned and spotless for my return, so my dogs didn't have to hang around in the heat. There were couples, families, solo travellers and.others like me, with dogs. All I can say is that I can't wait to go back. Superb.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor which had a bigger terrace. Perfect.for.my dogs.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 5, 2017

Dear Mrs. Brynn,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay at The Cookbook Hotel.
We will communicate your feedback to all our team.
Hope to see you and your dogs again very soon.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2017

My husband and me decided to stop at this amazing hotel for our "honeymoon trip" and We have no words to describe how amazing our stay was. A special thank you to Carolina Monge who was by far the most professional, friendly and helpful staff member

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded April 10, 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted for your nice comments, we do appreciate you enjoy a gastronomic experience with us at The cookbook gastro boutique hotel&spa.

We will be glad to see you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2017

This hotel complex was converted from a Chinese restaurant some 10 years ago at great expense in a housing estate on the edge of the Calpe holiday resort. It has been through several owners, but has never been a great success.
I tried again this week; there were no menus or prices on their web site and i had to ask to see a menu at reception. Their most expensive restaurant offered a Menu for no less than 80 Euros per head or A La Carte, but as it was only in Spanish I booked at their other option.
Each new owner spends a great deal of money on the premises, apparently believing that good appearance is all - yet manages to leave it looking essentially unchanged. it has always looked well though in a cold, clinical style.
I chose lamb chops. They were about 5 mm thick and required a surgeon to dissect them to find the meat. I ordered a single roast potato and a small bowl of vegetables, both at extra cost. Despite the obvious sauces, it was all virtually tasteless and served on a cold plate. The red wine was well below temperature and highly average.
The restaurant was cold and clinical and looked much like a good quality factory canteen.
I was deeply disappointed since I would relish finding a restaurant I can walk to but I know 5 in Calpe that are more welcoming and serve better food - mostly at lower prices than this.
I wonder what the next owners will do?

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Calperon
Management response:Responded June 23, 2017

Dear Customer,
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us.
Our restaurant BEAT has 3 different menus from 42€, 59€ and 85€.
We regret that Komfort restaurant did not reach your expectations.
We invite you to come back and we will try to provide you a better experience.
Kind Regards.