All reviewsstayed nightsexclusive usemin walk to the beachselection of cold meatshuge bedjunior suitevisit calpepool areabars and restaurantsrelaxationfacilitiesjacuzzi
Reviewed July 12, 2017

We spent only one day at this little gem of a hotel. The staff were super helpful and friendly and certainly made our stay even better. We had pre booked the spa so had exclusive use of the pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. The room was a junior suite and came with a huge bed! The pool area was clean and the poolside beds the most comfortable I have experienced. We ate on the terrace and after asking for some recommendations from the menu had the best ever T-bone steak as a sharing dish. The food was amazing. Breakfast was tasty I had eggs benedict from the hot menu. We wished we had stayed longer but will definitely be back in the future and have already recommended this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
dmthecookbook, Guest Experience Manager at The Cookbook Gastro Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted for your nice comments, we do appreciate you have enjoyed a gastronomic experience with us at The Cookbook Gastro Boutique Hotel&Spa.

We will communicate it to all our team.

We will be glad to see you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed July 4, 2017

I absolutely loved my time staying in this hotel with my 2 dogs. Everything possible was done for me to give me.the very best experience. The breakfast is superb, the food is out of this world. The staff are super friendly. Nothing is too much trouble and the Manager Carolina us always on hand and available to add.that extra touch. If you ant to use the spa, they make it a private experience for you. When I walked my dogs early in the morning, they made sure to have my room cleaned and spotless for my return, so my dogs didn't have to hang around in the heat. There were couples, families, solo travellers and.others like me, with dogs. All I can say is that I can't wait to go back. Superb.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor which had a bigger terrace. Perfect.for.my dogs.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 5, 2017

Dear Mrs. Brynn,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay at The Cookbook Hotel.
We will communicate your feedback to all our team.
Hope to see you and your dogs again very soon.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2017

My husband and me decided to stop at this amazing hotel for our "honeymoon trip" and We have no words to describe how amazing our stay was. A special thank you to Carolina Monge who was by far the most professional, friendly and helpful staff member

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded April 10, 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted for your nice comments, we do appreciate you enjoy a gastronomic experience with us at The cookbook gastro boutique hotel&spa.

We will be glad to see you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2017

This hotel complex was converted from a Chinese restaurant some 10 years ago at great expense in a housing estate on the edge of the Calpe holiday resort. It has been through several owners, but has never been a great success.
I tried again this week; there were no menus or prices on their web site and i had to ask to see a menu at reception. Their most expensive restaurant offered a Menu for no less than 80 Euros per head or A La Carte, but as it was only in Spanish I booked at their other option.
Each new owner spends a great deal of money on the premises, apparently believing that good appearance is all - yet manages to leave it looking essentially unchanged. it has always looked well though in a cold, clinical style.
I chose lamb chops. They were about 5 mm thick and required a surgeon to dissect them to find the meat. I ordered a single roast potato and a small bowl of vegetables, both at extra cost. Despite the obvious sauces, it was all virtually tasteless and served on a cold plate. The red wine was well below temperature and highly average.
The restaurant was cold and clinical and looked much like a good quality factory canteen.
I was deeply disappointed since I would relish finding a restaurant I can walk to but I know 5 in Calpe that are more welcoming and serve better food - mostly at lower prices than this.
I wonder what the next owners will do?

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Calperon
Management response:Responded June 23, 2017

Dear Customer,
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us.
Our restaurant BEAT has 3 different menus from 42€, 59€ and 85€.
We regret that Komfort restaurant did not reach your expectations.
We invite you to come back and we will try to provide you a better experience.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

We attended the New Year Eve party at The Cook Book which proved to be an unforgettable experience.
The menu was incredible with 12 courses, even though I thought I didn't like anything.
However, all dishes were served with very palatable seasonings so you wouldn't have known you were eating eels or octopus or scallops. All dishes tasted amazing.
The attention to detail by all staff was incredible with free flowing wine and drinks all evening.
Everything was timetabled perfectly to end up with the customary fine champagne at midnight.
It seemed a tad expensive at €185 per person but it was truly worth it.
Hopefully we can visit again next year.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded February 7, 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to be choosen for such a magic night. We are very glad we exceed your expectations.

Looking forward welcome you soon!