“Super Holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #164 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Super Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was the third time I had been to this hotel, the staff were very welcoming and remembered my friend and I. It is beautifully situated, we had a lovely room with a view over looking the beach and the food was superb. We shall be going again next year.

Room Tip: Pick a room with sea view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank wendilsl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Polish first
Manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here Oct 12 and found the place to be very tatty and in need of complete renovation. Stood in the street wandering around looking for the Esmeralda only to find there was no Hotel of this name to be seen. Only after asking a british man on the street were we pointed towards an entrance saying Tapas Bar.....The Hotel name cannot be seen fron the street!. We went downstairs where we saw a receptionist who confirmed we were in the right place. We were given a key and made our way to tiny double room......not what we asked for.....we booked a twin room. I went back down to reception who the changed the room. The Hotel is described as an Hotel and art hotel.
We were in room 102 which was scruffy dated and more like a hostel that hotel and these were the words of other guests. I was'nt expecting luxury but a clean tidy room at least.
The room was a lilac colour with mismatched furniture.
Bedside table varnish was all scratched and looked like it came from a junk shop after being outside for a week. Paint on bathroom door flaking off in big chunks if you touched it.
Floor looked grimey all around the edges. White paint splashes around chair legs.
The beds were a nightmare with all the side coverings ripped and a very thin matress where you could feel every spring.
Bath was too small to fit in.....never seen one like it before.
Tv although had a list of channels the only English channel BBC did'nt work.
We had no balcony table and had to bring chairs outside to sit and enjoy the view with drink.
On the first night we had no blankets so I had to go to reception for some.
That evening (SUN) the food choice was fish....lamb or a sausage meat in breadcumbs. As the fish was full of bones we opted for the lamb.......this was awful....all fat a gristle. Desert choice was fruit or fruit salad obviously from a tin.
The restaurant was full of Spanish and we struggled to find a seat.
The next morning we went down for breakfast and there was no seating.......again all spanish people who it seems just come off the street to eat as it has big signs outside advertising its buffet and found it strange that guests seemed to clear there own tables to an area where they scraped there plates and placed on a cleaning trolley.
There was no hot food at breakfast so never bothered again.
The hotel had wifi but wanted me to pay 2 euros an hour for access no my phone......Most hotels and cafes offer this free to guests and customers.
We believe this hotel to be unsuitable for guests in its present state for the price we paid.
To top things off on Friday we had a flooded bathroom because someone on the floor above left a shower on leaving our bath with dirty water and plaster which we had to clean up.
The hotels welcome letter in the room was saying it was an hotel of art..and respect the art in your room....they are clearly deluded.
Staff were at least friendly and the sea view room which we paid extra for was a must,
Would I stay here again.........sorry but No!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sid1

Travelers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed in Esmeralda hotel in benidorm in August 2012..
After reading all the bad reviews I thought I should write something myself as it is not bad at all if you are on a budget holiday.
The staff is really friendly especially Maria who was always ready to help with me wanting a sea view which was by the way breath taking. The cleaners were also super nice and did a very good job at cleaning.
The down side: if you are going to Esmeralda hotel don't excpect a whole English breakfast nor fine cuisine. The food is pretty basic but always something nice. They had paella every afternoon. And breakfast had lots of continental breakfast ie croissant cereals yogurt fruits jam butter juice ham cheese etc.
The beds were for me not great the mattresses have seen a few people and need new ones as I could feel the springs.
Would I go back?
Yes I would I know what to excpect and not a 5 stars but not bad at all.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Eb1971
tyne and wear
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

went to this hotel april 2009 half board.breakfast is coffee or tea and boiled egg or biscuits.evening meal was a choice of either some sort of meat dish in gravy (i think)or somekind of soup.we were there for a week and never ate in the hotel once.it might of changed by now but if it hasnt stay well clear.ps the views r fantastic from sea view rooms.pity about the food.

Room Tip: if u must go then you must get a sea view room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank baltymore
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Very good experiance, we stayed in room 106 just 2 of us and it is massive. Spectacular views really outstanding. Clean ans tidy the room was made daily. The food in the resturant was good, with plenty to choose from. The staff were really helpfull and freindly.

Room Tip: Room 106 greay sea views.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Peter W
Thetford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had known somebody who stayed here last October and said it was good, so after booking for 9 days myself, then reading the harsh reviews on this site I was slightly concerned that i was going to have to move hotels once in resort.

On arrival i was greeted by Maria, who informed me that there had been a problem with the Air Conditioning and my seaview room was not available and would not be for 2 days so after agreeing with Maria that it would be 2 days I was put in a room at the rear Room 606 which was a dark room and a view of a back street.

True to Marias word the 2 days passed and i moved to the front of the hotel room 302 and wow what a difference in the room, nice and bright bigger balcony and just a more modern room.

SO I DO AGREE THAT PAYING THE SUPPLEMENT FOR THE SEA VIEW ROOMS IS DEFINITELY WELL WORTH IT.

The staff at the Hotel are all very friendly and helpful although the restaurant staff could smile more.... The hotel was very clean the room well serviced the public areas were also very clean and neat.

As for the food in the restaurant there was always plenty of choice meat fish pasta salad etc. i am a fussy eater when it comes to meat and fish and out of the 9 days I was there never had to compromise or eat else where my only comment on the food was it could be slighly hotter.

Breakfast was a bit dissappointing but as I say I am a fussy devil but there was plenty of pastry bread fruits and cereals etc so I think that the problem is me on the breakfast front.

All in all would I stay again and would I reccommend this hotel .... yes i would definitely as the sea front location and also being close to the old town location and also if you are using the transfer services they drop off and pick up outside at the bus stop makes this a very convenient location.

All I have to add here is that i found this a very pleasant clean and friendly hotel to stay that catered for my needs and i can be fussy ..................... so pay the supplement and go with an open mind and really enjoy this quirky beach front hotel.

thanks to the team at the Esmeralda & Art Hotel for a grat stay

Room Tip: Pay the Supplement for a Sea View Room Its So worth it
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank midsuffolk1960
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is my second time staying at this hotel.

Marvelleous position overlooking the beach and very convenient to the old town Clean, basic and comfortable. Helpful reception staff and pleasant room cleaning staff.. Whilst the rooms have television there are no English channels other than the BBC World News Channel. You have to pay a deposit for the remote control unit to operate the TV. Also ask at reception for a remote control unit for the air-conditioning facility I cannot emphasise enough to spend the little extra that it costs for a sea facing balcony room - some balcony rooms over look private housing to the rear. Please be aware that there are a number of steps to enter this property. There are 2 lifts covering all floors.

Breakfast is basic but enough to start the day - this had improved in selection choice since last year. - most rates include either half or full board - mostly typical Spanish cusine - don`t expect any English style dishes.

NOTE - THERE ARE CURRENTLY MAJOR ROAD WORKS ON GOING DIRECTLY TO THE FRON OF THE HOTEL WHICH ARE NOIST FROM 7.45AM - 6.30PM on Monday - Friday.

Room Tip: Do spend the little extra that it costs for a sea facing balcony room - some balcony rooms over look...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo